All things New

While thinking about some of the last words of the Lamb in the 21st chapter of Revelation, I found a quote from Terrance Klein in America… The Jesuit Review”.

Klein writes of a well-known American actor and filmmaker, “He has many critics, as a man and a moviemaker, but in his movie “The Passion of the Christ” (2004) Mel Gibson reset a line of Scripture, and, in that act of artistry, revealed the deepest of truths. Here’s the scene. Mary sees her son Jesus fall under the weight of his cross. She remembers running to her child when he fell. Despite the crowd and his captors, she races to her adult son. Raising his bloodied face from the earth, she offers the greatest of comfort, though it is only the words, “I am here.”

Jesus sees her, and Mr. Gibson moves a line from the Book of Revelation to this encounter. Panting, Christ responds, ‘See, Mother, I make all things new.’ That’s nothing less than inspired.” End of Quote.

Lexicon’s of first-century Greek language point out that the word translated “new” in Revelation 21:5 carries the idea of “refreshing.” Rather than referring to something that has not been before, it implies something or someone that has been made better than the old.

Am guessing that, between what the story of the Lamb tells us about the heart of our God and what the world he enchants does with a “worm”— it will be a refreshing beyond our wildest hopes and dreams.

61 Responses to “All things New”

Good morning Mart, an apt picture to accompany the subject of something changing from one thing to another.

When I was a child we brought cocoons into the classroom so that we could watch in the spring when the caterpillar in the cocoon would emerge as a butterfly.

Nature really does reflect God in many ways.

I have always held fast to Revelation 21:4, looking so forward to that hour when “all the former things are passed away.”

The truth is for me I tire of this world and all its disappointments and look ahead with an anxious heart when there is no more sorrow, no more sickness, and no need for wheelchairs or hospitals.

Not sure where to go with this topic, but thank you for a change of subject.

59 and foggy.

It’s God who gets it right when He tells us not to make this world our home as He knows it is full of disappointments.

To add to that I have messed up my own life and so I am disappointed in my own efforts.

So all told I long for a world very different to what I have become used to as weariness as become my companion and there isn’t much fun in life when you feel exhausted most of the time.

I cannot begin to imagine how wearying it is for you Steve, who has the responsibility of a family and Matthew with special needs.

Often it seems like God gives me a mountain because I take my eyes of Jesus and that is what it feels like.

I faced a mountain,
    that I never faced before
    That’s why I’m calling on the Lord
    I know its been awhile,
    Lord please hear my prayer
    I need you like I never have before.

Sometimes it takes a mountain
    Sometimes a troubled sea
    Sometimes it takes a desert
    To get a hold of me
    Your Love is so much stronger
    Then whatever troubles me
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust you and believe

Far from you Jesus
    I thought I could control
    Whatever life would throw my way
    But this I will admit
    Has brought me to my knees
    I need You Lord and I’m not ashamed to say

Sometimes it takes a mountain
    Sometimes a troubled sea
    Sometimes it takes a desert
    To get a hold of me
    Your Love is so much stronger
    Than whatever troubles me
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust you and believe

I know that my encounter with Jesus made me better than what I was before. I think differently and the reason for living has been made brand new from my belief in Him. He has transformed the way I think, what is important to me, how I go about living my everyday life and He has given me purpose and goals nothing like I ever thought of before.

I have yet to meet one person who has committed their life to following Jesus that was not refreshed into a positive change for the better to be all they can be no matter the circumstance they find their selves in because they are able now to look at those circumstances with a new heart, mind and soul.

No longer with complaints or grumbling but with gratitude and hope. He changed the heart of those who believe until that day when He will change the world He created into something better although not to say that what He has already given us isn’t fantastic and filled with wonder but it will be better.

After the worm makes it’s cocoon and nestles in it as we nestles in His arm now but when it comes out it has to struggle to gain it’s new form.

“A man spent hours watching a butterfly struggling to emerge from its cocoon. It managed to make a small hole, but its body was too large to get through it. After a long struggle, it appeared to be exhausted and remained absolutely still.

The man decided to help the butterfly and, with a pair of scissors, he cut open the cocoon, thus releasing the butterfly. However, the butterfly’s body was very small and wrinkled and its wings were all crumpled.

The man continued to watch, hoping that, at any moment, the butterfly would open its wings and fly away. Nothing happened; in fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its brief life dragging around its shrunken body and shriveled wings, incapable of flight.

What the man – out of kindness and his eagerness to help – had failed to understand was that the tight cocoon and the efforts that the butterfly had to make in order to squeeze out of that tiny hole were God’s training the butterfly and of strengthening its wings.

Sometimes, a little extra effort is precisely what prepares us for the next obstacle to be faced. Anyone who refuses to make that effort, or gets the wrong sort of help, is left unprepared to fight the next battle and never manages to fly off to their destiny.”

I have not witnessed believers not making an effort but the ways of this world dragging them down again. If God says don’t make this world your home He has very good reason for it.

How many of us want to live in a world where violence, drugs, terrorism and the rest is normal because whether it touches our lives or not I find it painful to see the suffering of others.

Jesus died to end the suffering of the world and therefor while there is suffering in this world and while I proclaim to be a follower of His I have to play my part in trying to alleviate it, and God will ensure that I will fly of to my destiny when I have served His purpose on earth.

Pooh,for someone who knows their Bible so well you do talk a load of gobbledegook.

Thanks Mart I see the tension we live in as Steve points out, that we’ve been changed already, but not yet reached our final destination. What I see happening inside eeks out into my daily life, slowly, but surely.
    I Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.2 The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling3 the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. Refreshed indeed!

This message touched me deeply Mart. I lost my 20 year old son in a house fire in ’96. I was awakened by my daughter at 4 am with the news. By the time i got down to the hospital all that was left were bloody sheets draped on a gurney. His body was being transported to the cities for autopsy but i had to see him. I chased down the hearse and made it stop. The funeral director got out and though i insisted on seeing and holding him he begged me to not force him to let me see him. I relented, totally shocked and grief stricken. In the last conversation i had with my son i reminded him that if he ever got in a scary situation to call to Jesus for help. Days later in a vision i was begging God to return him to me for a while, then i ‘saw’ my son with Jesus and he said “No, i want to stay with Jesus”.

I’m reminded of Jesus saying don’t you know i must go to my Father?

These times of refreshing Acts 3:20 are good but they are really only the beginning of the final refreshing when all is made new!

“Behold, I make all things new.” A new covenant written in His blood. So thankful to live in this century.

Viv thanks for a good laugh to lighten my mood. My devotional earlier said to stop trying to figure things out– lean on my own understanding — but to seek Jesus who knows all things yet can only give us peace. The next time i start seeking to know “why” I am going to remember gobbledygook. Lol.

Joyce you story of the death of your 20 year old son is heart wrenching and very sad. My heart felt sympathies for your pain, that I know never actually ever goes away.

Such events are as I have characterized as a wine press of life; when we are squeezed under the press the real us comes out.

Some people would turn angry and bitter, while others turn to Jesus for direction, comfort and strength. That is the difference is us all.

Those who would turn bitter would look at us who turn to Jesus and think we are nuts, until sarcasm turns to curiosity and hopefully their eventual introduction to the supernatural love of the Holy Spirit, and peace that surpasses understanding.

That is our job, to be a witness for Jesus so that others can witness Him in us.

A big hug for you Joyce.

Thank you Steve. Yes its all about Jesus or its all about us, full of anger, bitterness, self pity, competitiveness, unforgiveness and angst in general. Oh how I love Jesus who makes this world of woe only as you say as a wine press in our loving Gods hand to bring out the best, the Christ in us! Having a new birth brings a living savior born of flesh, again, to carry on the good news of salvation, redemption, joy and peace!

Very well said, Steve, as it must be a very difficult trial to loose a child and I have a friend who works with me and her son died at 23 and likewise she looks to her faith and has not become bitter or angry and she encourages me as I think of how my trials pale in comparison and that keeps me grounded in my faith as there is nothing that takes your mind of your own problems like sharing another’s.

I am glad I give you a laugh Beloved as it is good to laugh especially at ourselves a I have a tendency to take myself to seriously and then someone will say something to me like you are talking gobbledegook and I realise they are right and I can laugh at myself for being such a twit.

Viv, it saddens my heart that what I share about the freedom and change in my life because of what Christ has done for me sounds like gobbledegook as you put it. That just shows me that you have not yet experienced it for yourself then it will not sound that way. Look at the many people who had their life change because of Christ not only those told about in scripture but the many who also share that story everyday today the old changed to new. It is happening to many people all over the world. I have watched it happen and have been a part of it, Praise the Lord. Maybe one day for you too.

Jeremiah 32:40

I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me.”

Thinking of you, Maru, as you walk around your house filled with remembrances of your brother. I’m sure some relief is mixed in with your loss for many reasons, thats normal. Be good to you today! Wish i could take you out for a latte.

Why does it not surprise me that you would put your own spin on what I said as the gobbledegook I was referring to was your comments:

Sometimes, a little extra effort is precisely what prepares us for the next obstacle to be faced. Anyone who refuses to make that effort, or gets the wrong sort of help, is left unprepared to fight the next battle and never manages to fly of to their destiny.

Following Jesus is not about effort on my part but about stepping out in trust not knowing where I am being led but who is leading me and trusting God with my destiny which is secure in ‘Christ Jesus’.

It saddens my heart that you say I don’t know Jesus because I don’t know my Bible but Jesus finds a way to connect with His children and so though I do not doubt your sincerity in knowing Jesus I do doubt your discernment towards others who do not fit with your ‘criteria’ of what a follower of Jesus should look like.

Viv, That comment was not mine if you will notice the quotation marks of the person who wrote that about a Butterfly and the necessity of the struggle out of the cocoon. Yes it does take effort and self control to follow Jesus and yes one can suffer for doing so as well.

Another thing is I do not know where you ever heard or learned that Jesus died to end the suffering of the world but that is just not true at all in fact He warned us that because we are no longer of this world our suffering may get worse because we now go against the ways of the world.

I never said you do not know Jesus I said if you think what I wrote was gobblegoop then you may not.

thinking of Jesus first miracle, where the servant remarks the Bride Groom has saved the best for last. we indeed have it good compared to the externals of yesterday and we are told to James 1:10
    But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower.

even today we are also told to Hebrews 4:16

16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Psalm 69:20
    Reproach has broken my heart and I am so sick. And I looked for sympathy, but there was none, And for comforters, but I found none.

Psalm 119:50
    This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.

Viv, it takes no effort at all to live as the world does because that is all around us everyday returning insults, being angry, hate, violence, gossip, slander, talking about other people that is what goes on all the time. But Paul taught us we are to prepare for this life in Christ as an athlete prepares for a race with discipline. 1 Cor 9:25 NLT

Is it not biblical that Jesus intends to establish His Kingdom on earth?

Does it not follow that if He establishes His Kingdom on earth then He will end the suffering also.

Yes, we may have to suffer as Jesus and His Disciples suffered when in this world but surely that just reiterates that it is God’s plan for His Kingdom.

Pooh, it takes no effort to live as the world does but it does take effort to live with it all going on around us and remain in Christ and that is why I don’t do it perfectly and why God never asks me to.

This is the training ground for us as God sees all and will use us for His purpose as He sees fit.

it seems to me that the children of God are the ones that are blessed as in Matthew 5. Jesus learned suffering through obedience. we learn suffering in a wilderness and failure. thank God for grace and mercy in Christ Jesus. i wonder if we learn joy through following and obedience? certainly a closer walk with the One we follow. learning to rest, learning to walk, learning to run, learning to fly.

The Lord will end the suffering but it is not until the new heaven and new earth comes until then it takes effort to follow His ways because our first response while we are in the here and now is that of the flesh but having the Spirit living within us we no longer have to follow or give in to the flesh. We can make a choice to do life a new way after we learn what that new way is.

street, you got that backwards it was not “Jesus learned suffering through obedience” it was “He learned obedience through what He suffered” Hebrews 5:8 I would say yes that we learn joy through following and obedience, we can learn how complete we are in the Lord’s teaching no longer hindered by doing things the old way. The suffering of Jesus made Him the perfect leader to bring us salvation. Hebrews 2:10 NLT

“See I make all things new”.

As I read over things this morning it occurred to me just what did I think a new and improved version of myself might look like.

It is easy to look around my neighborhood and imagine a new and improved version of everyone else, well nearly everyone else.

It made me think of what a better me might look like, and also wonder if I can imagine it, why not strive to be a better person right now.

Of course I am not taking into account of the aging process or any ailments that will be gone as I will at that future resurrected time have a new and eternal body.

I am talking of the real me, the person inside whatever body God provides for me to reside in.

Will I be a kinder gentler person? A better neighbor? A better father and son? Will I be a better worshiper of God? Will I appreciate my standing and position with God? Will I be more willing to obey, or will the choice of obedience or not no longer be a decision?

It still stays with me if I can imagine a better me, then why not work at being that better me right now.

Early morning thoughts on “Been Thinking About”

It takes a willingness to submit to God to follow His ways and no effort on my part.

The effort is that while I am in the flesh there are all kinds of temptations from this world and I am not sinless like Jesus. I will always be hindered by sin be it from this world or weaknesses of my own.

Staying focused on Jesus keeps me focused on my purpose on earth which is to please God.

I will not do that perfectly nor does God expect me to as He has made me righteous in Christ and Salvation is mine as a gift and God doesn’t go back on His Word.

I am not here to learn how complete I am as I will never be complete until my redemption as God uses me
    for His purposes on earth which is to establish His Kingdom.

Jesus obeyed His Father as it was His destiny and God was with Him all the way.

He who has appointed me my footsteps is with me also and that is the truth I need to take hold of that Jesus won’t forsake me but that does not mean I will not suffer as Jesus’s follower’s have suffered throughout history as I have no way of knowing where God is leading but that my Salvation is secure in Christ Jesus.

I can never be free of satan in the flesh as God allows him dominion over me for the sake of establishing His Kingdom on earth as God’s purpose is to save many from his grip.

I have no right speculating on what God will do in my life as it is He who leads and I am to follow.

I mourn with those who mourn and likewise I share joy with those who are joyful and I will always be subject to sinning until God calls me home as the lie Satan tells me is that I can live without God when I would be in hell without God as I can see for myself when I take a look at this world.

This is our training ground for the establishing of God’s Kingdom, believe it or not.

A willingness to submit to God’s will takes effort because it takes willingness. God’s Kingdom is already established in heaven and when Jesus came it was established on earth, nothing it seems to do with us because God’s doesn’t really need our help in that but we can participate in that Kingdom by doing what is right, showing mercy and walking humbly with God.

It seems that any person is made complete when they come to believe before they did not know God but after believing they do which opens up a whole new way of life and gives life a whole new meaning. It pleases God to believe in Him. Hebrews 11:6

I was having similar thoughts this morning as Steves which led me to pray for the blessings of Matthew 5. All hell is going to break loose now as Viv points out but I know from an encounter I had yesterday that was deeply troubling to me that following God is much harder in the long run. Yes we must be willing to face the dragon but knowing that in Christ all things work together for good is all I need to know. Deep calls to deep.

Street that blew me away when you talked about Jesus learning suffering. I had never thought about God learning what suffering feels like. How could He know before He became flesh and experienced it like humans do. Profound. “See, mother I make all things new”. Holiness and righteousness renews the “worms”. Oh glory!

Steve thanks to you I’m going back to healthy eating again. It’s the thing I can do to make myself healthier and better.

steve as i read your last post about the new and improved me i had to smile. not in a negative way but in hope. the verse 2 Corinthians 4:16
    Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. remembering we were dead, but now made alive in Christ, living in a wilderness. even going so far as that we don’t appear to what we will be. spiritually we have died and buried with Christ, soon to be physically. yet what goes into the ground does not come out the same way. it is changed. the emphasis is made alive, alive to God and dead to the world and the flesh. yes the influences of the latter are there, but we are encouraged to offer ourselves as living sacrifices, Romans 12, as you do daily. remembering all the law supporting it’s self on two commands. the same glue that holds us in HIS hands.

Colossians 3:10
    and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

He saved us because we are His, and He promised that nothing not hell itself, would snatch one of His own from Him and God keeps His promises.

I never said that I would give you silver or gold
    Or that you would never feel the fire or shiver in the cold
    But I did say you’d never walk through this world alone (Hmm)
    And I did say don’t make this world your home.

I never said that fear wouldn’t find you in the night
    Or that loneliness was something you’d never have to fight
    But I did say I’d be right there by your side
    And I did say I’d always help you fight

‘Cause you know I made a promise that I intend to keep
    My grace will be sufficient in every time of need
    And my love will be the anchor that you can hold onto
    This is the promise, this is the promise I made to you

I never said that friends wouldn’t turn their backs on you
    Or that the world around you wouldn’t see you as a fool
    But I did say like me you’d surely be despised
    And I did say my ways confound the wise

I didn’t say you’d never taste the bitter kiss of death
    Or have to walk through chilly Jordan to enter into rest
    But I did say I’d be waiting on the other side
    (Yeah, yeah)
    And I did say I’d dry every tear you cry

‘Cause you know I made a promise that I’ve prepared a place
    And some day sooner than you think you’ll see me face to face
    And you’ll sing with the angels and countless multitude
    This is the promise, this is the promise I’ve made to you

So just keep on walkin’, don’t turn to the left or right
    And in the midst of darkness, let this be your light
    That hell can’t separate us and you’re gonna make it through
    This is the promise, this is the promise I made to you

Ephesians 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

Am thinking that for me, this is enough! Just knowing I’ve been adopted into His family and was loved and chosen even before He created the world is more than I could have ever imagined. Knowing how I bring Him pleasure makes everything around me seem more shadowy. But theres more to come! No, I can’t even begin to imagine.!

Thank you so much for your prayers Beloved! For HD!
    And thank you also for sharing your story of the loss of your son, 22 years ago.
    What a terrible ordeal, and yet, it is full of hope, with the vision you received, that your son was with Jesus.
    That must be so much comforting!

On tuesday someone gave me a prayer by Augustine, that was read on a funeral.

“Death is nothing, I am only at the other side”

You saw your son at the side of Jesus, and he said he rather stayed with Jesus.
    I have heard that before of those who had passed over to the other side, that it was lovely there, Those who have had near-death experience, of those who were already new in Christ, or who were of the part of the sheep and not the goats. ( because of some others the near-death experience was real hell)

Once I heard a lecture of a woman who had a near-death experience, she was with Jesus, and it was lovely. But Jesus said: I want you to go back to your family, and to your fellow-man, I still have a job for you to do.
    And she gave a great message on the Gospel, the new life in Christ.

I am looking forward to that new heaven and new earth. But in the mean time I want to make the best of the time now, as Steve said: what will I be now. That was a great question:
    I want to be the person Jesus wants me to be, right now, God’s heaven on earht, that is, in my heart.

And the only thing I can do, is to see that I myself am His, purged, and made clean.
    And as Street often says: Kill the old man in me.
    The frustration of people around me, kill it.
    And ask GOd for Love, His love, that I will walk and march in love’s name!

The next comment is about the devotional I read, of august 8, at night

God at eventide
    August 8 – No Hurt

He that overcometh shall not be hurt by the second death.

The first death is the death to self, the result of overcoming, of self-conquest. This is gradual death.

When it is complete, the second death shall cause no hurt. For it is only the conquering Spirit sloughing away its human habitation for a better Life.

The courage My Martyrs showed was not only fearlessness engendered in time of persecution through faith in Me, and in My power to support and sustain. It was consequent on the overcoming of self already achieved. Self, having truly died, this second death had no hurt for them.

Theirs was then the Risen Life with Me.

Good morning all, yes Street I too smiled at my own thoughts yesterday morning, nothing negative in them. As Foreverblessed has said the comment was meant to be self- reflective and perhaps cause some of us to pause and think.

Yes the better *me* should have begun growing from the moment I accepted Christ as Lord.

In truth we all are at different levels of maturity in Christ.

I was blessed with older Christian men in my life who allowed for me to grow instead of criticize me for not being where they were already.

As it seems to be Christ’s urging in us and our acceptance of it that is the miracle grow in us instead of criticism and corrective instruction from those with less *tolerance*.

I would have to say that when that time is that we are in our new immortal bodies Satan will be no more and the propensity for rebellion not at play in the kingdom.

I do look forward to that time when all things are made new, but in the time being I thank God for His patience as I grow toward Him. For His grace when I fail and for His love in never letting go of us who call Him Lord.

Blessings for all today. 66 degrees with light drizzle.

To my way of thinking criticism is never a good move towards anyone but correctional instruction is very healthy to everyone who has died to self and is in the process of learning which is actually more like a gift because it shows someone cares deeply not only for God but for the other person. A majority of the Epistles are exactly that, correctional instruction.

To the Corinthians they were allowing public wrong sexual activities between a man and his step mother with not one member of that body correcting it which was bringing the rest of the church down. In others there was false teaching going on and in others some were going back under Judaism after belief in Christ. Where would the teachers of the world be if there were no correctional instruction? If the one who receives it takes it badly it is usually a matter of pride.

Paul even corrected Peter in Gal 2:11-14 CEV;
    When Peter came to Antioch, I told him face to face that he was wrong. 12 He used to eat with Gentile followers of the Lord, until James sent some Jewish followers. Peter was afraid of the Jews and soon stopped eating with Gentiles. 13 He and the other Jews hid their true feelings so well that even Barnabas was fooled. 14 But when I saw that they were not really obeying the truth that is in the good news, I corrected Peter in front of everyone and said:
    Peter, you are a Jew, but you live like a Gentile. So how can you force Gentiles to live like Jews?

After we are born again our eyes are open to spiritual matters unlike before with being born from the flesh, that is where our focus will be on the things around us in the flesh. In John 3 Jesus spoke about those who have not been born again only see God’s wrath not His mercy.

thinking about the difficult time abraham had when God encouraged him to listen to his wife and send hagar and ishmael on there way. thinking of the division in the house prior to this event. we were called to peace. thinking of a tree and how the wind,stress, helps it grow in a healthy way of moving food in the tree and putting down deeper roots. yes hagar and ishmael were sent away and made into a great nation. we are also reminded After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;

On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

In John Jesus also spoke about those who only followed Him because of the miracles He could do for them not because of who He was. Those He said were not true believers. Even if He never did another miracle other than the Cross would you still believe in Him just because of who He is? Would a Spiritual rebirth be enough?

It is a blessing for me to know that in a world were there is so much confusion, anger and ugliness that God will make all things new, and we will have a new dwelling place, as the glory is His as He cleans up the messes in this world with His justice and mercy which is way beyond my understanding but I can rest assured that God keeps His promises.

Onward, Christian soldiers!

At the shout of praise;
    Brothers, lift your voices,
    Loud your anthems raise.

Like a mighty army
    Moves the Church of God;
    Brothers, we are treading
    Where the Saints have trod.
    We are not divided;
    All one body we:
    One in hope and doctrine,
    One in charity.

Onward, then, ye people;
    join our happy throng.
    Blend with ours your voices
    in the triumph song;
    Glory, laud, and honour
    Unto Christ the King.
    This through countless ages
    Men and angels sing.

Onward Christian soldiers!
    Marching as to war,
    With the Cross of Jesus
    Going on before.

I love this:

John Piper

Ruler of All Nature

The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord. (Proverbs 16:33)

In modern language we would say, “The dice are rolled on the table and every play is decided by God.”

There are no events so small that he does not rule for his purposes. “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?” Jesus said, “And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered” (Matthew 10:29–30).

Every role of the dice in Las Vegas, every tiny bird that falls dead in the thousand forests — all of this is God’s command.

In the book of Jonah God commands a fish to swallow (1:17), God commands a plant to grow (4:6), and commands a worm to kill it (4:7).

And far above the life of worms, the stars take their place and hold their place at God’s command.

Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing. (Isaiah 40:26)

How much more, then, the natural events of this world — from weather to disasters to disease to disability to death.

Let us therefore stand in awe and be at peace, knowing that no natural event is outside of God’s good purposes and perfect control.

John Piper
    Ruler of All Nature

street, Abraham listened to Sarah when they both went on their own way and did not wait on God to provide the promised offspring but instead decided to try take matters into their own hands which produced Ishmael. We can see even until this day with the problems in the middle east the results of that the fight Islam has against Israel and everyone else who does not believe as they do. That started with Hagar and Abraham. There is still no peace but major war.

“Peace does not mean an absence of conflict; difference will always be there. Peace means solving those differences through peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge; and through God’s ways.”

Check

Total rest IN Christ,
    And yet we have to ask, knock, seek…
    Great effort on our side to be close to Him.
    Jesus is always close to us, but we are not close to Him.

It has been very dry in western Europe, no rain, or little rain, for several months.
    The land is dry, and crops are lost. The hay for the animals has turned very expensive!
    Then someone gave me an article of a lot newspaper, explaining that the water supply for this area comes from Wells deep under the ground. There flow rivers of water deep under, from areas in Belgium, into the North Sea. Not like the above rivers, but in layers of sand. They pump part of it up, the rest just streams on into the sea.

So I was thinking: the land is dry, but deep under is lots of water:

There is plenty of spiritual supply, plenty!
    We have to dick deep to find that treasure of the Kingdom!

Some effort on our side:
    Buying bigger pumps, putting a system of pipelines, the needed electricity, to get all that water to the farmfields, a d keep them moist!

By the way, just since a few days we have rain, and temperatures dropped. Last night it even felt like a fall storm.
    This morning it is lovely, sun shining, and water drops everywhere!
    Just freely out of the sky.

This is where I am digging deep for:Jesus, let Thy Beautiful Presence be always with us.

“I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”

There is no bond of union on earth to compare with the union between a soul that loves Me — and Me.

Priceless beyond all earth’s imaginings is that Friendship.

In the merging of heart and mind and will a oneness results that only those who experience it can even dimly realize.

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken
    down the middle wall of partition between us. Ephesians 2:14

God calling August 1

When Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt met in August 1941 on the battleship HMS Prince of Wales to agree the Atlantic Charter, a church service was held for which Prime Minister Churchill chose the hymns. He chose “Onward, Christian Soldiers” and afterwards made a radio broadcast explaining the choice.

We sang “Onward, Christian Soldiers” indeed, and I felt that this was no vain presumption, but that we had the right to feel that we were serving a cause for the sake of which a trumpet has sounded on high. When I looked down upon that densely packed congregation of fighting men of the same language, of the same faith, of the same fundamental laws, of the same ideals…. it swept across me that here was the only hope, but also the sure hope, of saving the world from measureless degradation.

Winston Churchill

as i look at the pic of the butterfly it looks like the burden of it’s wings is about to crush him from the weight. yet we know they have an opposite effect of the gravity that can be a great unrelenting burden. how refreshing
    Psalm 18:34-36
    He trains my hands for battle,
    So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
    You have also given me the shield of Your salvation,
    And Your right hand upholds me;
    And Your gentleness makes me great.
    You enlarge my steps under me,
    And my feet have not slipped.

thinking how light the burden of a butterfly in flight, nothing i know of can fly so erratically and lightly as it can or painted as brightly as a flower.

25 “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

12 He had a dream, and behold, a ladder was set on the earth with its top reaching to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. 13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said, “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie, I will give it to you and to your descendants. 14 Your descendants will also be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and in you and in your descendants shall all the families of the earth be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” 16 Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.” 17 He was afraid

Am thinking about Mart’s final comments in this topic, “It will be refreshing beyond our wildest hopes and dreams.”

Following Revelation 21:5 KJV God says in Revelation 21:6 KJV “It is done.”

“It is done.” Sounds very much like, “It is finished.”

Each concludes a work God had in motion from before the foundation of the world and each brings with them the results of God’s work.

Mart in my opinion is correct in saying what is next is beyond our ability to fully understand as it is in an unbroken world totally alien to all we are accustom to.

The following verses gives us a glimpse of the “Bride of the Lamb” the “New Jerusalem” as it descends out of heaven from God and Chapter 22 gives us a glimpse of the river of life, the tree of life and fruit that will heal the nations. No more curse.

A place where there is no need of sun nor candle as the light of God illuminates everything.

Yes what awaits us is beyond our ability to express from this place as this place is all we know.

My only hope I carry into it is that the love I have for those I love now as well as they, stay with me into eternity.

True love never dies and God proved it with the story of He and mankind from Genesis to Revelation and into eternity.

61 degrees under partly cloudy skies.

Good Morning brothers and sisters!

as i look at the butterfly picture i think if i did not know what it was i would think it was carrying a heavy load.

7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

to see one fly as erratically as they do, free from gravity. free to fly and painted as brightly as a flower. how much more valuable to God are His children?

the amazing work of God!

29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, 14 saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.”[d] 15 And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

16 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

thanks for letting me know it was being moderated i thought they were lost in cyber space. was wondering. street

A new album has been released to celebrate Elvis’s death on the 16th August 1977.

The title ‘Where no one walks alone’. Here is two tracks from the album played on Sunday morning reflections plus a beautiful beautiful song, it didn’t name the singer.

WHERE NO ONE STANDS ALONE

Once I stood in the night with my head bowed low
    In the darkness as black as could be
    And my heart felt alone and I cried,”O Lord
    Don’t hide your face from me”

Like a king I may live in a palace so tall
    With great riches to call my own
    But I don’t know a thing in the whole wide world
    That’s worse than being alone

Hold my hand all the way, every hour every day
    From here to the great unknown
    Take my hand, let me stand
    Where no one stands alone

Take my hand, let me stand
    Where no one stands alone

SO HIGH

Well, He’s so high (so high you can’t get over Him)
    So wide (so wide you can’t get around Him)
    So low (so low you can’t get under Him)
    Great God Almighty (you must come in at the door)

Well I went down in the valley
    You know I did over there ever stay
    My soul got happy in the valley
    You know I stayed right there all day

Well, He’s high (so high you can’t get over Him)
    And He’s wide (so wide you can’t get around Him)
    I know He’s so low (so low you can’t get under Him)
    The mighty lamb (you must come in at the door)

Well He’s so high (so high you can’t get over Him)
    And He’s wide (so wide you can’t get around Him)
    I know so low (so low you can’t get under Him)
    The might lamb (you must come in at the door)

Well I ain’t been to heaven but I’m, I’m told
    The streets the streets are pearls
    You know the mighty mighty
    Mighty gates are gold

And He’s high (so high you can’t get over Him)
    So wide (so wide you can’t get around Him)
    He’s so low (so low you can’t get under Him)
    The mighty lamb (you must come in at the door)

ME WITHOUT YOU

A woman passed by me I thought I knew her
    something was wrong that much was clear.
    Wounded eyes so tearful I beckoned to her,
    she faked a smile and then she disappeared.
    Her soul was lost and weary full of sorrow.
    Her tired heart was beating in despair.
    She was lonely in the middle of a crowded room,
    You know her too it’s me without You.

I recall the pain it’s still inside me,
    even though so much has changed.
    You shared your light that now guides me,
    it’s Your love that helped me find my way.
    Her soul was lost and weary full of sorrow.
    Her tired heart was beating in despair.
    She was lonely in the middle of a crowded room,
    You know her too it’s me without You.
    She was lonely in the middle of a crowded room,
    You know her too it’s me without You.
    You know her too it’s me without You.

all things new
    thinking about the first passover, how things were new and different being free from slavery.
    thinking about the 12 who were called how life changed dramatically for them as they followed Jesus.
    thinking about a person who is born again, born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. yet looking for a city Who’s architect and builder is God.

Why is there no more posting here?