It is no Secret

A song recorded long ago by Mahalia Jackson, Elvis, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash and many others—has been calming the rough waters of my heart lately.

Stumbling to recall some of the lyrics, I Googled the title and found what was news to me on  TruthorFiction.com.

Truth or fiction? The fact-checkers’  attempt to find the story behind the song sounds credible to me— as do the lyrics of one who seems to have seen first hand— what God can do.

104 Responses to “It is no Secret”

Its no secret (what God can do) Mahalia Jackson
    “The chimes of time ring out the news, another day is through
    Someone slipped and fell, was that someone you
    You may have longed for added strength, your courage to renew
    Just do not be disheartened, for I bring hope to you

It is no secret, what God can do
    What He’s done for others, He can for you
    With arms wide open, He’ll pardon you
    It is no secret what God can do”

Wow, I thought to find the lyrics, but then stumbled on that website, truthorfiction
    The Nikkie tutorials, it is a young woman in the Netherlands, the coming out as a transgender. It was big news yesterday in our country.
    We need to pray a lot, lots.
    The things young people now come accross.

She writes
    “Calling her relationship a “private matter,” de Jager said that she initially did not discuss her transition with her partner, and she urged her fans in similar situations to have similar discussions with their partners.”

So your child or grandchild could fall in love with another person, and later find out they are transgenders. It is a private matter, but between partners it is a topic that when not addressed is, well something to pray about.
    O dear, the things young people come across today, is much more complicated than they were was when I was young.

Thanks Steve, you were my angel this morning.
    Not to under-esteem anybody else, but his remark is what I needed.

We can talk here what God has done for me, He can do for you.
    Each andeveryone his own situation, some have been the lost son, some have beent the oldest son, some have had terrible accidents, some have hard illnesses.

We can share how God got us through.
    I was taken out of a fundamentalistic church, so I consider myself as having been the oldest son.
    I remeber reading Henri Nouwen, who wrote that those whho were the oldest can change into the youngest son, and go really astray.
    And vice versa, those who have been really lost in the world, can become real fundamentalistic.
    We need such a patience, and an eye on Jesus, how He looks at us.
    That we may look with His eyes,
    and one statement of Oswald Chambers is this one:

…and that is not done in one day.

From “Readers Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy” (1975)

“IT Is No Secret”

Out of his own personal experience came “It Is No Secret”, says Stuart Hamblen, the cowboy singer and song writer who confesses that he was once in danger of becoming an alcoholic. A friend of his ask him how he broke the habit, and Hamblen replied:” I didn’t do it The Lord did it. He can do the same for anybody who’ll let Him. It’s no secret what God can do.”
    That night waiting to go to bed, Hamblen heard the clock strike midnight, and at the same time the now familiar refrain ran through his mind. He sat down at the piano. “In exactly 17 minutes it was finished, tune and all” he recalls about the writing of this popular country gospel song.

From me now, it seems from circumstance and added inspiration anything is possible with god.

3. bratimus says:

Okay might have to look up song, don’t know if I know it, have a lot of songs rattling around in my head.

It is no secret the many lives that are changed by coming to believe in Jesus. The results seem to be the same for everyone who gives their life to Christ and there are billions who have had that experience and so they share with joy and consider it a privilege to go and tell what Jesus means to them. Often there are even those shout it from the roof tops or write songs about it as well. I guess it really doesn’t make a difference how it is done as long as it gets done. One person at a time or in a stadium full of people or over the TV or the radio that is one secret the whole world should hear.

Jesus has gone before us to prepare a place so where He is, we will also be. We share because we do not want that any should perish but that all will have eternal life with God. There will always be those who do not make that choice to believe in God so they probably will not care if they are with Him in eternity.

Nature it’s self even shouts the name of God. It is no secret many are given the chance throughout their lifetime to know God and believe in Him but make the choice not to.

We have missionaries that go into the deepest areas that not many have been to share the secret. So is it really a secret after all?

Its no secret (what God can do)

to forgive and forget

to love the unloved

to give without restraint

to make alive that which was dead

to illuminate the darkness

to heal the broken

to restore that which was lost

Its no secret (what God can do)

trust in God, hope in God, love God….repeat…..

some day there will not be a repeat, for there will be an incorruptible living. God is all and in all.

be of good cheer Jesus has overcome the world and all its failures!

2 For there was a tabernacle prepared, the outer one, in which were the lampstand and the table and the sacred bread;

you are that tabernacle light and bread from heaven, give as generously as is given to you. thinking daniel shadrack meshack and abindago underestood this.

Jesus still calls come to Me…..

as i think of these great men i think of another great man, john the baptist. to God be the Glory know and forever.

It is no secret;
    God makes Himself known in various ways now through His Son where in times past He made Himself known through the prophets. (Bible)
    Meeting Jesus is Gods idea and plan. At first I heard His voice then one day I was stunned and amazed when I saw Him face to face. Why He chose me I will never understand but chosen I was. He spoke many words I could not understand but the words I could understand were “ You’re released, you’re healed.” It was as He said, done- healed from many years of disabling mental illness caused by years of early trauma.
    I join with Hamblen saying,
    it is no secret what God can do.
    What He’s done for others, He’ll do for you.
    With arms wide open He’ll pardon you.
    It is no secret what God can do.

During a part of my life where I thought I had broken free from a routine or cycle of life I was working in Winchester VA.

Every day on my way to work and every evening on the way home I would see a sign along rt. 50 in each direction that said “God will make a way.”

It was a wonderful encouragement as I was at a place in life that seemed a little unknown and scary as for what may lay ahead.

Like our little song this simple statement said a lot and spoke to my heart.

Years later I had reason to once again travel down that same route 50 stretch there in Hayfield VA and I looked for the signs. They were no longer there.

I took it to mean that part of my life was behind me and what lay ahead lay in the mystery of God’s will and working things out while I hold on to my faith, remembering all of the times He has carried me, cared for me and seen me through the unknown and dark stretches of my life.

“God will make a way” “It Is No Secret”

I’m satisfied with a cottage below, a little silver and a little gold,
    But in that city where the ransomed will shine,
    I want a gold one that’s silver lined.

I’ve got a mansion just over the hilltop in that bright land where we’ll never grow old.
    And someday yonder we’ll never more yonder
    But walk on streets that are purest gold.

Don’t think me poor, deserted or lonely
    I’m not discouraged cause I’m heaven bound
    I’m just a pilgrim, in search of a city,
    I want a mansion, a harp and a crown.

And someday yonder, we’ll never more wonder
    But walk on streets that are purest gold.

Viv the songbook I mentioned earlier has a little history of how each song came about and of its author.

“Mansion Over the Hilltop” written by Texan Reverend Ira Stanphill according to my book was inspired by a story a fellow Texas minister told him concerning a little girl playing happily in front of her dilapidated run down farmhouse.

When ask why she was so happy living in such a place, she replied, “its ok my daddy is building me a mansion right over that hill.”

Reverend Stanphill took the inspiration and we have the song.

Lovely story, strangely enough it was as a child I come to love the song because of my love of Elvis as my parents bought me what was an LP of his called ‘His Hand In Mine’. This music would inspire me when all else failed hence my continued love of it till this day.

My sister loaned the LP and it was never returned to me but some 30 years on and I found I could buy it again through internet shopping.

God always finds a way.

Thinking I must be strange but a mansion in heaven does not interest me one bit. What interests me is finally seeing God and being a part of His kingdom without the filth of satans influence. To be totally free from everything my broken mind likes to recall and challenge God about—everything that sometime hinders me from peace patience kindness etc. This dual nature of Gods and man is a terrible war I’m looking forward to not having anymore. In the trenches we battle, in Heaven our battle is won! Amen thank you Jesus😃

it’s no secret
    a city on a hill can not be hidden
    a Savior building a house/temple for God
    david could not build this house
    nor could solomon
    Jesus was sent to build this house
    a house immerse in Holy Spirit and Fire
    a house where God dwells and the increase
    of His rule and of peace there will be no end.

a house filled with joy and laughter, and the sound of little feet. where there is no darkness.

been thinking of the seven years of plenty followed be the seven years of famine. yes i was in Ecclesiastes again. God’s Word for all seasons.

thinking of two deaths in the news, one a chinese girl in poverty starving to death to take care of her brother. the second an egyptian/american dying from a hunger strike in prison. not a bird falls to the ground with out the Fathers knowledge. stunned or shocked back to life buy the Word and Spirit of God or we enter into despair.

AMEN!

From psalm 119, song by Isaac Watts

O how I love Thy holy law!
    ’Tis daily my delight;
    And thence my meditations draw
    Divine advice by night.

My waking eyes prevent the day
    To meditate Thy Word;
    My soul with longing melts away
    To hear Thy Gospel, Lord.

How doth Thy Word my heart engage!
    How well employ my tongue!
    And in my tiresome pilgrimage,
    Yields me a heav’nly song.

Am I a stranger or at home,
    ’Tis my perpetual feast;
    Not honey dropping from the comb
    So much allures the taste.

No treasures so enrich the mind;
    Nor shall Thy Word be sold
    For loads of silver well refined,
    Nor heaps of choicest gold.

When nature sinks, and spirits droop,
    Thy promises of grace
    Are pillars to support my hope,
    And there I write Thy praise.

I try and be careful about why I comment. For the most part it is hopefully to encourage another or others.

That is what the subject of the song is about; trying to encourage someone who is at a bad place in their life.

To give hope when hope seems lost.

In trying to think of a hymn that don’t offer hope, I come up with only one; the “Battle Hymn of the Republic”. A hymn of reckoning more than one of hope.

On a lighter note I did get a good grin out of reading of a URL called “Truthorfiction.com”, as I have come to learn it is almost impossible to know one from the other whereas the internet is concerned.

Malachi 4:2 “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings, and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.”

On Eagles Wings
    You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
    Who abide in His shadow for life
    Say to the Lord, “My Refuge
    My Rock in Whom I trust.”

Refrain
    And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings
    Bear you on the breath of dawn
    Make you to shine like the sun
    And hold you in the palm of His Hand

You need not fear the terror of the night
    Nor the arrow that flies by day
    Under his wings your refuge
    His faithfulness your shield

For to His angels He’s given a command
    To guard you in all of your ways
    Upon their hands they will bear you up
    Lest you dash your foot against a stone

Refrain
    And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings
    Bear you on the breath of dawn
    Make you to shine like the sun
    And hold you in the palm of His Hand

Steve, you are a compassionate man and so was my dad and it is a rare quality because it is God given and is found in some one closer to God.

Why would anyone think they where strange for being for being different when God created us to be unique in our individuality and delights in His creation.

Matt 6:33 New Living Translation
    Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

For me Viv it’s about priorities. Yes we all are different and unique created in Gods image.

Matt 6:33 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] New Living Translation

yes beloved i am looking at how this is connected to joy. sometimes this is not working out the way i think it should in daily activities. fun stuff to resolve in Christ.

refiners fire?

or winnowing fork ?

Perhaps a tuning fork.

Who for the joy set before Him…. outlook means everything.

Mine either. It seems that for me the problem is waiting on God. I’m a quick fixer, a get-er-done gal. Joy seems to come in the morning for me after I see how God has been working things out behind the scenes. Even though I keep reminding myself that God is never in a hurry I can’t seem to sit still or keep my mouth shut. Sometimes I feel like locking myself in a closet until God reveals His will but fortunately I don’t hide and entrust myself to His working in me for His glory! There’s no way to avoid the “tuning” God does so perfectly in me. I couldn’t change me if I tried. I know, I’ve tried🤣

I don’t know but often it seems to be a secret what God can do knowing what He’s got to work with here.

Street I read Isaiah53 today as well as a bunch of Proverbs which helped my perspective a lot. Then I found this:
    Do You Know Jesus is the Man of Sorrows?
    Dwight L. Moody (1837-1899) once wrote “When Christ came into the world the first sound He heard was woe-the wail of those mothers in Bethlehem; and from the manger to the Cross, He was surrounded with sorrow. We are told that He often looked up to Heaven and sighed. I believe it was because there was so much suffering around Him. It was on His right hand and on His left-everywhere on earth; and the thought that He had come to relieve the people of the earth of their burdens, and so few would accept Him, made Him sorrowful. He came for that purpose. Let the hundreds of thousands just cast their burdens on Him. He has come to bear them, as well as our sins.”

January 16, 2020
    The Holy Spirit’s Ministry: God Himself Is For Us
    “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)

This stunning statement is founded on the unalterable attributes of the triune God (Romans 8:31-35). God Himself secures our salvation; who then can possibly undo His work?
    • “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1).
    • “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
    • “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me” (Psalm 56:11).
    God Himself is the giver and the protector of our salvation.
    • “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” (John 5:24).
    • “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand” (John 10:28).
    • “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
    What can possibly undo the work of the omnipotent and omniscient triune Godhead and Creator of all things? It is utter foolishness to yield our eternity to the Savior and then conclude that our feeble efforts could somehow thwart a work of eternity. HMM III

I thought this may be on topic. From “Days of Praise”

So it seems that the question forever had in the last topic may have been answered on this one. Since God is no secret many are given the chance before they die to answer His call and come to believe even if it is the moment on death’s door. Since He poured out His Spirit on the world that small voice inside every person calls out for God and rather than trying to fill it with all the idols of the world, it is a place meant for God to fit perfectly.

Pooh has your leg healed?

Not sure why this topic has not generated more interest. The psalms are all songs, every church has hymnals and they all have a testimony to sing about.

Wondering if any of you have ever sang from the depths of the Holy Spirit.

If any of you have you know it is a little scary and something between exciting and feeling awe struck.

Not actually knowing what it means, and may leave you feeling sad.

As well as an overwhelming elation, almost as if you could see across time, at the edge of knowing something too wonderful for words.

The matter is that you cannot bring on such an experience, it comes upon you and from inside you.

The thing is do not resist it, go with the unction.

-what God can do

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

I though this so encouraging, a reminder that those who are His in Christ are always under the umbrella of His watchful eye. Like Job He only gives evil so much reign in the lives of His faithful ones. We have the Holy Spirit within to pray when all we can do is moan. Always, 24/7 our time. Imagine not being constrained by “time”. Oh what God can do! Life is very very short. Eternal life is Eternal! Praise God for His loving care.

Steve I too was involved with the Charismatic church at one time. The problem I saw was with people wanting so much to have certain gifts they laid themselves open to counterfeit spirits eager to appease the desire for self- glorification. I saw a lot of jealousy, not humility. Myself included.

Orderly Worship
    26What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church.

27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret. 28But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God.

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should hold his peace. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to prophets.

33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace.

We used to sing “in the Spirit” until we were sometimes exhausted yet it didn’t change my behavior or thought life. The charisma of being in a group all focusing on God and being told we were the only true worshipping church in the area was also a point of pride. It was there though that I truly encountered Christ and afterward all hell broke loose. Why? Pride, fear jealousy and anger towards me, the messenger/ receiver. But all I could do was cry tears of joy and gratefulness for saving a true wretch in the worlds eyes. Not all of course but interestingly through some founders of the church. The pastors were believing and praising God but did little to publicly encourage me on my journey. My counselors testified to my healing also. A dysfunctional group. If they had gone by what Paul taught alone instead of adding words to make “experiences” sound special to an elite group there would have been peace in the assembly as Paul describes. Straying from Biblical teaching alone is scary.

But Christ is able to upset the apple cart as He chooses. Oh He’s faithful!

Steve those are just my experiences and opinions; been thinking…

3 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, [a]haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of [b]godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

Titus 1:15-16
    15 To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Titus 2:11-13
    11 For the grace of God has appeared, [a]bringing salvation to all men, 12 [b]instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of [c]our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

“It will come about at that time
    That I will search Jerusalem with lamps,
    And I will punish the men
    Who are [k]stagnant in spirit,
    Who say in their hearts,
    ‘The Lord will not do good or evil!’

Good morning Joyce. My question concerning “singing” from the Spirit was to see if anyone of you may have experienced such an event.

I was not speaking of a group sing in a congregation led by a minister or music leader at all.

I was and am speaking of when you are alone with God wherever your prayer closet may be.

As for me, over my life, my intimate times with God have been in many various places, hill tops, walks in the fields or woods, out in my back yard, in my garage, wherever I may find myself alone with my prayers and praise with God.

I apologize once again for sharing my personal experiences with you. Something I am coming to learn just can’t be done here anymore.

For what it is worth I believe the best testimonies are personal real life experiences, not just quoting the Bible over and over again.

41. bratimus says:

When I sing to God, or as some might say when I howl at the wind in trying to sing to God. I’m alone because it isn’t for anyone but God. I listen to music a little everyday I’m also praying when I listen to music and start praying when I’m singing or howling. So a lot of my time during the day I’m in prayer or just talking to God.

Steve as far as it goes with me you sharing your personal life experiences I enjoy.

I’m coming to realize that when it comes to my life or my life experiences, God might have set me apart, and lot of it is just between me and God. If that is understandable to anyone. My hope is that God can explain that to everyone, better then I do.

In Christ Jesus name

Bratimus

Thank you Bratimus, I agree fully. You understand and get it.

The private time we spend with God is special and meant for us.

You certainly have encouraged and uplifted me this morning.

Thanks again.

steve

The picture Mart provided reminds me of the 60’s and the flower children that adorned the streets of the world at that time.

There is a song by Kate Wolf I believe titled “The Street Singer” that I found on “You Tube”. A secular song, but one that speaks of the struggles such people have and share with strangers with song.

Unless I miss my mark, Jesus came for such people, not just those setting in the pews of their chosen church.

That statement that an anonymous writer wrote years ago sure does hold true doesn’t it? “If I live for the praise man–then I will die, crumple or be discouraged by their criticism.”

Every child of God has His Spirit living within them along with our own and they testify together that we are in fact children of God. Sing in the Spirit, read the bible in the Spirit, pray in the Spirit, live in the Spirit and never give up meeting together in the Spirit. Romans 8:16; Hebrews 10:24-25

OOOPS “the praise OF man” I left out the ‘of’.

Steve I knew you’d be offended, just be you and only listen to the Spirit of God. We are all different and worship differently therefore have different ways of perceiving and often, in my case for sure, my ego gets easily offended. Which is good- more of Him less of me. I know I sometimes come across as a know it all controlling person but, if I don’t stand on Gods Word alone I am easily misled. As I have been in the past. There really is something to the fact that some love to learn but are far from the Truth of knowing God- this was me for most of my life.

If there is a chasm between myself and someone I always ask God what He is teaching me. And I pray to know if it’s God or me offending. Scripture always shows me the Truth. Jesus’ words are often hard to hear, as they require my obedience and cost much in the way of relationships. Yet I will keep following.

Sometimes I just feel like a real fraud, you know? Wanting so much to do His will but struggle with my emotions’ demands. Mercy and grace I have to ask for daily. On Christ the solid Rock I stand.

Steve were you offended because I spun off your personal story to tell mine?

Shakespeare said “ All the worlds a stage”. How true.

But I prefer scripture because only there do I find Real Life, not what the world teaches. Full of grace mercy humble and always pointing to God, creator of mankind.

There is all kinds of spirituality out there and more so since the internet. How does one know which one is right? Jesus said, I am the way truth and life, no man comes to the Father but by Me. By holding to the solid Rock there is no offense. Only promises of love joy peace PATIENCE and hope! Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side. Wait patiently…

Joyce let me end this right here and now.
    That you think me as petty as to what you have accused me of is insulting of itself.

Be at peace, I am well with the Lord, I pray you find that peace as well.

I just wrote this in my Bible:

“We are all tremendously important until the Holy Ghost takes us in hand, then we cease to be important and God becomes all important.
    Oswald Chambers

Steve I have been insulted here many times as you know, but because I belong to God I’ve learned its Him insulting the pride in me. Drawing me closer to Himself as a means of becoming more like Him. O U C H I had no idea when I started this journey just how prideful I am. Prideful to my core.

New Living Translation
    As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

thinking about worship
    beloved touched on it like a tuning fork

friends are Ones who share hearts minds and thoughts in common or one.

the bible refers to the church as a bride. the closest friend of all. it’s no secret.

I don’t think I’m the only one here that has trouble fellowshipping with the Saints. But it’s a good safe place to work on relationships.

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness
    O God my Father
    There is no shadow of turning with Thee
    Thou changest not
    Thy compassions they fail not
    As Thou hast been
    Thou forever will be
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Morning by morning new mercies I see
    And all I have needed Thy hand hath provided
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Lord unto me
    Pardon for sin
    And a peace that endureth
    Thine own dear presence to cheer
    And to guide
    Strength for today
    and bright hope for tomorrow
    Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Lord every morning new mercies I see
    And all I have needed Thy hands hath
    provided
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Great is Thy faithfulness
    Lord unto me
    So faithful too me

It is no secret:
    That the Word of God is Jesus.

I have to wonder when a Christian complains about scripture being posted on a Christian blog. I wonder if Jesus IS their LORD and Savior. I wonder when others are drawn even smitten by someone who will not be disagreed with on any point. His way or the highway rings true for them, sadly. It is finished at the cross, when Jesus says it’s done. He alone has the words of Life. Listen only to Him, not even if an angel or government official tells you to do or think or believe something different if it goes against Jesus’ teaching let them be anathema to you. Only follow Christ. He loves His followers with a completeness that is overwhelming to our sensibilities. He’s THAT good! He’s so so good to those who love and follow Him. It’s no secret to find but a Life to Live! Enduring and everlasting peace!

So ends my little editorial for the day.

Steve I know you love Isaiah.
    Jesus did too, in fact he revealed His mission by reading scripture,

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on Me,
    because the LORD has anointed Me
    to preach good news to the poor.
    He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim liberty to the captives
    and freedom to the prisoners,
    2to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
    and the day of our God’s vengeance,
    to comfort all who mourn,

Do people lay silent prostrate before the Lord any more to listen to Him and not to hear themselves speak? Job 40:4

Yes that’s also a form of worship as street mentioned.

we seem to be fix on the external and not the heart of worship. i was thinking, what was going on in the hearts and minds of the 24 elders and the 4 beast when they fell down and worshiped? or even the blind man who received his sight and was kicked out of the commonwealth of israel. seems to me worship is personal and private, between the devotee/follower and God. non other has ever known.

thinking of peters 3rd response, “Lord you know all things, you know that i love you.”

In Gods presence there are no words as Job said. No music no songs only complete silence. Yet He is surrounded by constant praise from the heavenly hosts! One day we shall see Him in all His splendor and glory! I wonder if there will be chit chat in heaven?

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other” (Isa. 45:22).

to turn to God means to turn from something else.

9 And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be [a]merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Forever talked about being a part of the heavenly choir; can’t even imagine how that must sound ❤️

When the Nazareth congregation hears this, their antagonism toward non-Jews overshadows their joy that a prophet is living among them. Their minds are so closed to the notion of others sharing in the bounty of God’s deliverance that in the final analysis they themselves become incapable of receiving it. scripture union 1/18/2020

even when God sends His Son to the earth, people still need to come to Him, to receive Him. like the woman in the 3 1/2 year drought God sent the prophet and she received him. naaman went to Him/prophet of God and received him even in obedience. today Jesus calls, come to me you who are burdened and heavy laden and “I”/Jesus will give you rest take/receive My yoke…….

what’s holding you back/ what are you waiting for? He said it is finished, peace. spend time with Him. time not wasted or unfruitful. back to the valley with my Lord. it not fun in the valley without Him. is your joy set before you?

Did I really say that? Whew, it’s been a tough couple weeks and not getting any better. My apologies to Steve and all for my “editorial”. Be still my soul. The LORD is on thy side. Wait patiently, yes. Not too patient under pressure here. But yes, music does help, like swimmers strokes on a rolling sea. My valley is flooded. Walk on water, yes. I can do all things through Christ.

What in the world are you two talking about? God is not a God of chaos or confusion but of sound mind. Isn’t that what Steve was talking about throwing scripture or stories in scripture around haphazardly with no point? Is it beneficial or encouraging at all to anyone?

It seems to cause rough waters rather than calming the raging waters inside of us as songs of praise do. How easy it seems to be to cause confusion or to point out where someone else is lacking and not take an internal inventory of our own heart condition before we speak.

1 I stand amazed in the presence
    of Jesus, the Nazarene,
    and wonder how he could love me,
    a sinner, condemned, unclean.

Refrain:
    How marvelous, how wonderful!
    And my song shall ever be:
    How marvelous, how wonderful
    is my Savior’s love for me!

2 He took my sins and my sorrows;
    he made them his very own;
    he bore the burden to Calvary
    and suffered and died alone. [Refrain]

3 When with the ransomed in glory
    his face I at last shall see,
    ’twill be my joy through the ages
    to sing of his love for me. [Refrain]

Dear Pooh, thank you for the advice!

After learning about all the miracles that God has done and the lives He has changed, do people still believe it is up to them to promote change in the life of another? It is beyond human power to change anyone so why point out what one thinks needs to change in the life of another? That certainly is NOT an act of faith now is it? God does not need our help when most can not even do what God has asked them to do in the first place.

So right, Pooh!

Beloved your approval or praise means nothing to me one way or another.

As I have often shared with the readers of this blog, I enjoy listening to music on “You Tube”. It seems the only place where I can find the style of music I enjoy.

As also stated I have recently discovered the music of “Mandolin Orange” and Kate Wolfe.

Kate has one titled “Unfinished Life” which I find touches me in a special way. Though you can take your pick of her music.

Mandolin Orange also has a litany of choices, one of which is “Boots of Spanish Leather” an old Bob Dylan song.

These are not hymns nor are there any mention of religion of any kind, and that my friends is my point.

Music touches our souls in such a way as to stir intense emotion. When it does, what feelings, emotions and thoughts do you discover dwell in the depth of your being?

As for me it always brings my relationship with God to the forefront of what I experience and feel.

I don’t have to hear a hymn to hear Christ in the words and melody of song and music. He is always already there.

In a very poor “B” rated old movie titled “The Man with the X Ray Eyes” when the scientist finally could see all the way across the universe, what he discovered was God looking back at him.

It is my hope that for any of you that that is the same experience for you.

That in your daily lives whatever it is you do, whatever it is you encounter that you discover God is already been ahead of you, alongside of you and walking with you.

Your testimony then can be about your experiences with Him, just like the NT testimony is about the writers experience was with them.

Snow and 21 degrees f.

Oh sorry I wasn’t approving or praising you, it was about Gods voice as heard through you I was praising. I do appreciate your caring enough to speak though. Such is love. Caring to confront to make a person better. God bless you Pooh.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just heard this marvelous hymn.

By George Matheson

Make me a captive, Lord, and then I shall be free.
    Force me to render up my sword, and I shall conqueror be.
    I sink in life’s alarms when by myself I stand;
    Imprison me within Thine arms, and strong shall be my hand.

My heart is weak and poor until it master find;
    It has no spring of action sure, it varies with the wind.
    It cannot freely move till Thou has wrought its chain;
    Enslave it with Thy matchless love, and deathless it shall reign.

My power is faint and low till I have learned to serve;
    It lacks the needed fire to glow, it lacks the breeze to nerve.
    It cannot drive the world until itself be driven;
    Its flag can only be unfurled when Thou shalt breathe from heaven.

My will is not my own till Thou hast made it Thine;
    If it would reach a monarch’s throne, it must its crown resign.
    It only stands unbent amid the clashing strife,
    When on Thy bosom it has leant, and found in Thee its life.

Steve your post blessed me.

An epilog to my last post.

Let your life be a living testimony of you and God.

Don’t be afraid to tell of it or share it with others.

Others may need to know that God is still working in the lives of people, it didn’t stop with the last written Book of the Bible.

Still snowing and now 20 degrees f.

Steve, “it is no secret” that God is still working in the lives of people. When one is around Christians as part of their daily life there are all kinds of wonderful testimonies of God at work everyday and in every way.

All Christian music is about those testimonies put to music. They tell of for instance like Tobymac just wrote a song about the loss of his 21 year old son a month ago in the song “21”. Many Christian musicians tell their stories in their songs if one is so inclined to listen to the Christian music genre.

Look up what prompted the song “Amazing Grace” or “It Is Well With My Soul”. Amazing grace is about a slave trader that God turned his life around and the other is about the loss of his whole family and the calm God brought to his soul.

Or the story behind the song of Jeremy Camp “I Still Believe” after the death of his wife to cancer at a very young age.

I believe that is the very reason that Paul mentioned not forsaking meeting together with other Christians we were never meant to live a cloistered life but in community with other believers for many reasons so that we can hold each other up and encourage each other, pray and sing together, share each others burdens. Nothing better than several people singing praises to God, hearing the teaching of God’s word and praying together. Wow life changing.:-)

DEAR MODERATOR

IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND PLEASE REMOVE MY POST AT :

Beloved says:
    January 18, 2020 at 10:05 am

Thankyou

83. bratimus says:

Music and song with me, if I can reflect it towards God I will listen to it, might even change a word or two in a song to reflect it towards God more. There are some songs nope can’t do it. There are a lot of beautiful songs and beautiful voice out there, now just have to see how many WE can get to howl at the wind as I do lol.

In Christ Jesus name

Bratimus

bratimus, it does say make a joyful NOISE to the Lord which is what I do because I can not carry a tune at all. ;-)

Having seen what God can do….

Growing up there was lots of music, but my two favorite albums of the few we had were totally different yet both temporarily freed my soul from the oppressive darkness surrounding me. One was Florian Zabach with his violin and the other was Mahalia Jackson. Rocka’
    My Soul by M J was my pre-teenage favorite, probably due to the fast upbeat nature of it. I recall having no clue what the “Bosom of Abraham” was she sang about but I didn’t mind, the tune brought a brief happiness and respite between horrors. He reaches to the highest and lowest places and everything in between.

How great thou art, how great thou art.

Good morning. I spent the earlier portion of the morning dealing with snow, then resting before beginning the regimented duties of Matt’s routines.

Yes Bratimus I would have to agree that some music is difficult enough to listen to least of all to be lifted up to God by.

But then there is a lot of noise in the world and it seems to be increasing. Along with those who would steal your peace and joy if you allow them to.

Joyce I don’t know if Mart will erase your remarks or not, that is up to him, but we all say and do things we regret and life does not have a reset, backup or erase button.

We learn from our mistakes just as we learn from our successes.

I learned a long time ago that anger begets anger, as does love beget love. And repeating something I have posted before; an attorney friend of mine years ago told me when I want to write an angry or if you will an opinionated letter to someone. After writing it set it aside for a while, even for a few days before sending it.

Most often you change your mind and don’t.

I have written many pre sent posts here only to delete and have no regrets in doing so.

This place, this BTA, is all about sharing our thoughts and opinions. One thing I have learned in life is that there are no more intolerant people then those who claim to be “Christian”.

No amount of shouting, arguing or throwing Scripture at each other will change that. In fact I have too much respect for Scripture to use it that way.

Non-Christians rarely see Christ in the behavior of “Christians”, too often they just see hypocrisy.

When Christ is seen by non-Christians in the behavior of Christians it is always recognized and admired, but also too often when seen by professing Christians in the actions’ words or behavior of fellow Christians they only see competition in its many ugly forms.

So I say to all, let your words and actions reflect Jesus.

Advice taken.

Of course it goes without saying Steve that you are not hypocritical in anything you say or do, right? ;-)

Happy MLK Jr day! “Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verbs agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.”

Thinking of you street,
    May the LORD bless you and keep you,
    May He make His face to shine upon you- even in the valley-
    May He give you His peace and joy everlasting!

poohpity says:
    January 19, 2020 at 8:43 am

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

I’ve been mulling over something O Chambers said, that sometimes our obedience to God costs others. I’m thinking that obedience is costly, just as grace is costly. There’s a distinct tie in between the two. Thinking of words, not understanding something does not mean there is nothing there to understand. Unfortunately I care too much what others say and think of me. After all, who am I in the worlds economy? Yet in Gods I am a simple servant beggar but all cleaned up because of “what God can do”. Still so much of “me” to let go of. More than I can even imagine of Him to put on. His righteousness feels good. Mine, not so much. Having a better day here. God bless you all.

when people struggle with scripture, and they do, it’s is like unresolved anger or injustice. you wrestle with it till it is resolved or understood. jacob wrestling with God is an example. when he understood he could not win and excepted that fact, jacob asked that God would bless him and it was received/granted. after he, jacob rested in His Lord. the blessing is with God in the world you have tribulation, Jesus has overcome the world… sin and death.

thinking of Genesis. where you must master it and the verse overcome how they are related. sin has a many pronged attack, paul talked about not being ignorant of this or his methods, contrary to the will of God. light is definitely needed along with mercy and grace.

Jesus spoke of denial of self, taking up your cross and following Him. denying and shared crusifiction is not easy. self/pride must die, in order to truly live in the light/truth/freedom. i guess the real problem is understanding that the blood of the lamb cleanses from all sin. chambers spoke of a freshness in the Spirit, it doesn’t come from the flesh or self. we get dirty every day and need our feet washed, we also need to be fed to grow and be healthy and vibrant. don’t feed on each other! when bread from heaven is available.

Trust me Steve, if I had written what I was really thinking a moderator would have been all over it. Then I heard on Sunday that God is fully aware of ALL our thoughts and words at all times yet loves His children anyway. Wowee! I know that’s not a license to do or say what we want when we want because the Holy Spirit is also always involved with our thought life. Like I said though, I worry more about what others think of me sometimes, sadly.
    Oops got company.

life does not have a reset, backup or erase button.

No “life” the world- does not offer forgiveness usually, but a Christian is taught to forgive, even if the offender is unrepentant; yet, I apologized and no one said, you’re forgiven, but blasted me with advice and scolding. Some forgiveness. Not unlike the “ world”. Where’s grace and mercy? Ask Jesus to show how to do that.
    Life is certainly interesting. We need Jesus to separate us from the world. Fixing our eyes on Him is hard with all the distractions. I’m angry yet I know He will calm me. Life just doesn’t always work out as planned. Wonder what changes He is working out in me? Time will tell.

Even in my anger I offer you guys grace and mercy and forgiveness because Jesus said to do it. You don’t deserve it and neither do I, but Jesus SAID do it, just do it. It’s done.

Since I have had a relationship with the Lord I have found more than once a reset, backup and erase button! I get a chance everyday to start a new and fresh. It seems when people hang on to being offended, anger, hatred and lack of forgiveness it does not bother the other person but the one who holds on to such things which eventually can lead to bitterness and a hard heart.

Hey Viv I pray all is well with you. Haven’t heard from you lately.

street, yes all the you said about scripture is profitable but that is for the one reading it not when it is used against someone and when it is left in the context of when and to whom it was written. Not when bit and pieces are taken out to prove someone’s point and not what God had intended it for.

Beloved I have always forgiven you even when you say ugly things on purpose but all that really matters is that God does and He does, you can count on that!

God said relationships matter. Love between people happens where Truth justice and mercy abound. Not just words to memorize but Life to live!

Forgiveness forgets. Disdain and contempt hold on to the memory, in search of justice. Justice only a Good God can apply with mercy.

You sound like a Pharisee pooh, ‘look what I did, I even forgave her when she….’.

Seek Him. Wise men/women do.

A very wise person that lives by the scriptures incorporates them into their everyday life, after all, they are God- Breathed! His breath is what We breathe, to our joy if we are His by rebirth and to our grief and condemnation of we are not His. Choose you this day who you will serve. Jesus is the way truth and life.

Beloved I have always forgiven you even when you say ugly things on purpose but

Once and for all pooh! I Seek your forgiveness for the ugly things I have said on purpose. The things that cut your heart and attacked your sense of self. I am truly sorry. I am an idiot and my mouth bleeds out yuck sometimes. You should hear what I swallow sometimes. (NO, not really). Only God knows the depth of depravity in our blindness. Thank God we are not all at once made aware of our sinfulness.

Not to detract from my apology but when my dad died, (truly one of the worst type of criminals ruining the lives of so many children) just 6 weeks after He accepted Jesus I felt it was all God’s mercy that took him to paradise. He often said he would take his own life if he was incarcerated again. To become suddenly made aware of his need to face his victims, multitudes of them, would have I believe been too much, but then I have the mercy gift which when used alone without a prophet’s gift doesn’t work well. That’s why we gather together for the common good with each gift complementing and upholding the other. It’s the Body of our LORD and Savior Jesus. One body one faith and one baptism one God and Father over all.

May God bless and keep you, may He come with healing in His wings and balm in His hands caressing your heart, releasing you completely to love Him with the love He has for you, dearly beloved child of God.

two thoughts did scripture benefit john the baptist when he confronted herod? did scripture benefit Jesus who was cut off with nothing? scripture is always a double edge sword. to use it improperly is to invite disaster. the next point would be who could use it properly? Jesus said a child could….seems we adults need to unlearn some things. it’s no secret what God can do.

When a scripture is posted, seemingly with no point,
    Maybe it is not for you, but for someone else.
    That is what Bratimus often has said.

But it is God’s Word.
    The Holy Spirit makes it alive in us.

Set your mind on things above
    How vastly enormous the implications are for us, as a child of God.
    Anything we ask, in Jesus’ name, Jesus will do.

My heart and mind must be transformed first, to the things above, so I will ask the things Jesus loves to bring to pass:
    Like: blessing my fellow blogger.

(The topic has moved on.
    Have to think about that new topic first)

I learn more from listening to the still small voice them I will from others because it is for ‘my’ hearing.

If I have learned anything it is that God sees us as unique individuals and not clones.

What God teaches me is for my growth and I have to say that I am a slow learner when I think of my dad who had a much closer walk but then he was much more disciplined and understood God in ways I never did.

One of his greatest strengths was to hold his tongue because he understood that words can be like weapons they hurt sometimes.

He was the one man I knew who instead of adding fuel to the fire could diffuse a situation by explaining that a person did not really mean what is they said but they where more than likely in a bad place when they said it.

Always was his way to give others the benefit of any doubt and that’s not a trait I have found in too many people.

It seems to me that Godliness can be inherited and not always learned because I remember my dad was always the peace maker both at home and in public but then he seen war and I’m not talking ‘w words’ but up close and personal as in second world war when he was in the Royal Navy and though he didn’t speak to me of the horrors I could see the years swell up in his eyes at the mention of it.

We suffer more in the present world for the sins we do to each other war and the likes then suffering for Christ’s sake.

If I had to suffer as the early followers I would be no better than one of the crowd not wanting to speak so as to save myself the consequences.

It is good to tell myself the truth and then I can see that Christ died for my son’s as much as He did for those present at His crucifixion because it is the truth of the Gospel when all is said and done for those of us who put our trust in it.

How can anyone suffer for the sake of Christ and the Gospel if they act like it is a secret and don’t tell anyone or act on or follow His words either? Then it would pretty much be similar to the noise of a clanging cymbal.