A Wise Woman from Tekoa

After deceiving David with a  made up story of woe, a wise woman from Tekoa says, “All of us must die eventually. Our lives are like water spilled out on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from him” (2Sam 14:14 NLT).

Taken by themselves such words prove nothing. They can be interpreted as truth— or fiction— spoken by an unnamed actor who shows up in the middle of a tragic series of events that exposed the lingering pain and estrangements of a shattered royal family  (2Samuel 13).

But who among us— desperate for hope— is too sure of ourselves to wonder.  Do these words resonate with the God we think we know? Are they true to the One who seems to show up here and there within the pages of Scripture as a God who knows our name, feels our pain—and cares with mercies greater than our fears? Do they sound like One who, not far north of Tekoa, allowed himself to be misunderstood, mocked, and crucified— to express a love greater than our own— and without which we would remain alone, together and yet hopelessly estranged— in this life, and the one to come?

46 Responses to “A Wise Woman from Tekoa”

Dear everyone, the topic has changed:
    “Do these words resonate with the God we think we know? Are they true to the One who seems to show up here and there within the pages of Scripture as a God who knows our name, feels our pain—and cares with mercies greater than our fears?”

The real God….

On May 5 Mart cones with a new topic, the day of national festivities:
    75 years freedom since world war 2!

Last night we commemorated the dead, May 4 at 20.00 hour, two minutes silence.
    Our king spoke…
    And then after that at night festival!
    How strange in an almost locked down era.

I will meditate again on Mart’s question.
    But now I will join some festivities in the old people’s home, where I am volunteer. With few people and 6 feet apart.
    Singing, and drawing on the pavement.
    A dove, and what else we will be inspired to draw!

God bless you all

Yes the topic has changed, but the theme remains the same. What do we really believe and expect.

From this life and the next.

The brutality of this life causes us to question God and the hope of a better future life causes us to desperately rely and hope on Him.

Oddly Foreverblessed, nursing-homes or as you put it “old peoples home” here in America are the center for the most deaths from this virus and the people who work there more subject to being infected by it.

I pray for God’s protection for you as you volunteer.

Still only one hummingbird and still no bees. A very odd start to spring. Calling for freezing weather in a couple days with a little snow.

Posted by Mart DeHaan
    May 5th, 2020

But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from him” (2Sam 14:14 NLTOpen in Logos Bible Software (if available)).

Whenever I get anxious about God’s character? I look to Jesus.

Whenever I feel burdened by suffering? I look to Jesus.

When I feel anxious about my wrongs? I look to Jesus.

When others discourage and distrust me? I look to Jesus.

God made that way through Christ and that is why I look to Him to be the peace, rest and source of life that guides me here and in the world to come.

I am not so sure that I would call this woman wise as it seems to me she was rather a foolish woman and I know all too well about foolishness.

It would seem when we take part out of the whole we are left with an open session to assume or jump to conclusions about God and others. Because of David’s past experiences with God he knew that this woman was not speaking from God but from Joab and David knew. But one would have to read 2 Sam 13-14 to see what was going on.

Joab was looking to protect David’s son Absalom which later we find Joab was willing to go against David to make Absalom the King in place of David by deception and trickery but God had a different plan. David might have lead armies and a nation but he was not a good father, he let his children get away with even murder and rape while failing to discipline them.

Thank God that He disciplines those He loves, that is us. It seems to be done with not getting what we actually deserve, mercifully, but God allows consequences to our behavior which any loving parent would do.

It seems that many may not take into consideration that Jesus revealed God to mankind. This loving merciful, gracious and forgiving God was manifest in Jesus Christ. When you see Jesus you see God.

John 8:19, 12:45, 14:9-10; Col 1:15; 1 John 5:20

thinking about how Jesus said the Father draws people to the Son, Living Water.

because of sin we were cast out of God’s presents. dry bones.

can these dry bones live again?

1 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. 14 I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,” declares the Lord.’”

9 Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Strange thing: last week I was reading the story of David and Absolom.
    Mart focussed on the speech of the wise woman.
    Bu to the overall story is so weird;
    Absalom is allowed to come back, but David he cannot see.
    Then after a while, Absalom gets tired of his isolation, and he arranges a plan to force Joan to speak to him.
    Whatever Absalom does, they are schemes, and devious.
    David allows Absalom to come back, but it is the staircase to Absalom taking over David’s position.

I have been wondering about this story, and what can I learn from it, how God is, and how He treats us.
    It reminds me of the story of Joseph and his brothers. THAT story I get:
    Joseph is testing his brothers to see if their hearts have really changed, and when he saw that they indeed had come to their senses, he showed himself to them, and embraced them, and reconciliation started.

That reminds me of Jesus, who did not reveal Himself to men, the crowd that is, because “He knew what was in men”.

He showed Himself to His disciples, to those who by their obedience to what Jesus was preaching, showed that their hearts was changed.

God loves everybody, but He cannot deal the same with everybody;
    The physical rain He can send to all,
    But the spiritual rain He cannot give to those who cannot accept it.
    In other words, He cannot give His Spirit to those who do not open their hearts to Him.

David and Absalom, what am I to see in this?
    Or is that overstretching the topic?
    Is it just about the words of the woman?
    Did the woman speak God’s Words?

Forever I just read the rest of the book myself and my come-away is that you can’t deceive God nor change His plans. That bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people; that we are human and all in need of a Savior. That’s my takeaway…

David’s grieving over the loss of his son Absalom always gets me…

A Wise Woman from Tekoa

don’t think she was too wise.

the thing on the table is SIN.

it can not be measured or made smaller.

it is an eternal offense against and eternal Holy God.

David knew the law. he did not kill one of his sons for rape, so her brother did it.

David also knew he had to deal with his own sin same as these two offenses.

he could not, nathan was sent to confront him. david repented and accepted God’s remedy. many others seek their own remedy, like absalom.

God sending His Son is the remedy for sin and the One to receive Sovereignty.

when He returns some will grone others will rejoice!

yes the story is incredibly troubling, because it hits close to heart. david did mourn because it is proper to morn over sin and lose. God promises to take sin and lose away in Christ Jesus.

who morns over blessing grace and mercy? the envious/wicked.

thinking of Jesus talking about a part of the body that causes sin. i believe He was referring to the heart.

john , children guard your hearts. there is mourning ahead

Your spoil is gathered as the caterpillar gathers;
    As locusts rushing about men rush about on it.
    The Lord is exalted, for He dwells on high;
    He has filled Zion with justice and righteousness.
    And He will be the stability of your times,
    A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge;
    The fear of the Lord is his treasure.

Psalm 34:17-19

The righteous cry, and the Lord hears
    And delivers them out of all their troubles.
    The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
    But the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Sin-heart

They say sometimes people die from broken hearts;
    I think sometimes people die from broken Hopes- hope in earthly things not heavenly. A hard heart who can bear it?

street, did you forget that David also sinned? He took another man’s wife then had him killed. Everybody sins but David was considered a man after God’s won heart, so why do you think that is?

been thinking about david mourning for absalom and Jesus entry into jerusalm on palm sunday they both wept when people want to celebrate. civil war ended, passion begun.

thinking it will be completed in our Fathers presents.

That always gets me too how Jesus mourned for His beloved Jerusalem as He rode into town just days before His death. Jesus said on the cross, My God why have you forsaken me? A genuine grief of the deepest kind. I can’t even imagine the joy of His re-union with God the Father. Pure and perfect which we can’t even imagine right now.

Bless the LORD, oh my soul. My soul longs for thee like a deer longs for water in a desert.

Although Jesus – being God incarnate- never lost relationship with God. (relationship is a poor description but I speak of the union within the God head.)

Thank you street, my soul is refreshed.

When I see that even Jesus asks “my God why have you forsaken me” then it makes me feel better about my own wandering thoughts when I think God may have forsaken me.

I can see that it is a normal response when I am either suffering or seeing someone suffer and that is the very reason I must turn my thoughts to ‘Jesus’ as in doing so I see that God did not forsake Him.

It is in seeing how God treats Jesus that I can trust Him in my own walk of faith but there is a discipline in doing that otherwise I can conjure up my own notion of God and wander from the truth that God is a steadfast Father who knows and wants what is best for me.

Christ Be Beside Me

Christ be beside me, Christ be before me,
    Christ be behind me, King of my heart.
    Christ be within me, Christ be below me,
    Christ be above me, never to part.

Christ on my right hand, Christ on my left hand,
    Christ all around me, shield in the strife.
    Christ in my sleeping, Christ in my sitting,
    Christ in my rising, light of my heart.

Christ be in all hearts thinking about me,
    Christ be on all tongues telling of me.
    Christ be the vision in eyes that see me,
    In ears that hear me Christ ever be.

Like most of you, I am sure, I had to refresh my memory of the story of David and his wayward son Absalom.

There is a wise woman mentioned later in the story, whereas I am not certain this woman Joab used relevant to Mart’s opening quotes is the same one, for me it doesn’t matter. For Joab is the one who instructed her what to say.

As I think the topic is found in Mart’s last paragraph.

“But who among us, desperate for hope, is too sure of ourselves to wonder.”

I too have had points in my relationship with the Word of God to be certain of what is said and what it means. Or be certain I know the will of God on a certain subject at a certain time.

However God is far bigger than that for His will is often hidden from our view only to be exposed for ours or others benefit when it benefits Him, or His purpose.

We desperate people look for deliverance from our desperation and we look to God to deliver it, because we know no other way out.

We glean every Word of Scripture for reassurance, hope and rest from the weight of our sorrow.

We can rest in that. That is unless we are not too sure of ourselves as we may think.

We all need Jesus.

38 degrees with a cold drizzle. Seen three hummingbirds yesterday and Glenna has 6 Orioles feeding from her jelly dish. But I have yet to see any bees other than one bumblebee and some small sweat bees.

Sweat bees don’t feed on pollen, they feed on you.

18. bratimus says:

Acts 18

Jesus, the culmination of every Word of Scripture, is where we find the nature of our Creator, the desire of our Creator the answer to our search for deliverance.?? How is that? I know Jesus is the Word of God but the Word of scripture???

Father, we lift up our face.
    We feel Your love pouring down.
    Your life is blooming within,
    Your Kingdom growing all around.
    We taste the world that will be,
    The perfect peace You would share.
    O Father, come,
    Take our hands,
    Take our hearts,
    Take our lives and make
    “Your Kingdom come” our living prayer.

The many treasures You give,
    The riches here in our hands,
    Lord, we release them to You.
    Each gift we hold You now command.
    Each daily moment is Yours.
    Our words and deeds we will sow.
    Father, our lives
    Are Your seed.
    Let us die
    That the Kingdom of Your love
    May blossom here and grow.

Father, the harvest will come,
    Abundant fruit gathered in.
    Then with Your family around,
    The endless banquet will begin.
    O Lord, Your presence is now!
    Your every promise is true.
    For endless life,
    Glorious light,
    Boundless love,
    Perfect joy and peace
    Are all eternity in You!

Steve said: “Jesus, the culmination of every Word of Scripture, is where we find the nature of our Creator, the desire of our Creator the answer to our search for deliverance. We really need look no further, nor for any reassurance. He is enough.

We all need Jesus.”

I might add TODAY, if you hear His voice, is the day of your salvation. Do not harden your heart as you are not promised another day of salvation.

Taste and see, says the psalmist, that the LORD is good! Blessed in the man who trusts in Him.

Beloved, could you share with me how comparing which there is no comparison to David crying about Absalom and Jesus crying over Jerusalem, how that refreshed your soul?

Steve just want to clarify I was adding my own thoughts to your post as I often do here. Been thinking, again 😂

Sometimes as I’m led…

I was at Walmart with my mask on and heard a loud accident and something wrecking. Alarmed, I walked towards the sound and saw some people whispering and looking back to the end of the next isle. When I walked down that isle, I saw that an old woman had hit a shelf and many things had fallen to the floor and broken. She was kneeling on the floor embarrassed, frantically trying to clean up.
    I felt so bad for her, and everyone was just standing there looking at her. So I went and knelt down next to her and told her not to worry and started helping her pick up the broken pieces. After a minute, the store manager came and knelt down next to us and said, “Leave it, let us clean this up.” The lady, totally embarrassed said: “I need to pay for all this first.” The manager smiled, helped her to her feet and said, “Ma’am, we have insurance for this, you don’t have to pay anything!”
    If you’ve read that far, I’d like you to give me a minute. Wherever you are, close your eyes and imagine God doing the same for you!
    Picking up the pieces of your broken heart from all the blows that life has thrown at you. God will heal all your wounds. He wants to heal you! He wants to take care of your soul!
    We can have that same insurance and it is called GRACE! God’s Finest Creation

thinking of digging down to the rock, from which to build on. gold silver precious stones.

thinking of going through the process of selling every thing you own to buying the field of treasure.

and then paul speaking about being crucified with Christ and knowing nothing, but Christ crucified.

knowledge does puff up, and prophesy will be done away with, but the Lord remains forever.

also been thinking about this relationship that is enjoyed within the Godhead. this might explain why moses wanted to see His Glory. after sin is done away with. don’t want to live with corruption forever or be dead to God forever. so glad for a Savior, Christ The LORD. a living hope, even in a fallen world.

Good evening all, I just wanted to pop in for a moment and share with you that Billy Graham’s Samaritan’s Purse set up field hospitals with a capacity for 68 beds in Central Park NY as well as in Lombardy Italy to help with the overflow of patients from the local hospitals dealing with coronavirus.

Aside from medical care their patients also received the offering of Christ.

I read this today as I just got my copy of Decision Magazine. I don’t recall having ever read or heard of the matter on the national news.

37 degrees and drizzle.

Yes it was on the national news. They have now leaving in two weeks from New York leaving behind a few professionals to carry on work at Mt Sinai Hospital.

ODB is really challenging today.

Today is our nations “National Day of Prayer”

“For the whole earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters over the sea.” – Habakkuk 2:14

Today, we pray that your glory, O God, will move across the whole Earth. We pray that light shall shine out of darkness, and the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, who is the Light, shall be seen. I am Your servant, O God, ready to proclaim the knowledge of Your glory and majesty each place that I go. Use me according to Your perfect will.

What God does and what man cannot do is distinguish between the sin and the sinner.

I watched a programme last night where an older child was
    abducting and killing younger children.

She didn’t have what I would consider to have a great start in life owing to her parents circumstances but her grandmother was convinced she had the evil seed within her while the head of the police investigating had an open mind.

Those who believed as her grandmother did seen no hope for her while at the end of the programme when she had been sentenced to a remand home (programme set in 60’s) and consequently prison the head of police ask to see her and he took her on his knee and said to her that he didn’t want her to give up hope and their was a future for her after her sentence was over.

The defence lawyer and head of police were discussing how in society we have to live by laws and justice and that the child would very likely get caught up in the legality of it all with little care in seeing that she had serious mental health problems.

Its very easy for me watching the programme to agree with the head of police but if I were the parents of the victims then no doubt I would see it very differently.

What I took from this programme is that man cannot play at being God and so in the meantime we are all answerable to the laws and justice of the society we live in.

Without such laws and justice we would not be able to live in a civilised society.

God is God and I am not but I am thankful that I have faith in Him because it is programmes like this let me see I understand very little when it comes to human nature.

Good people do bad things and bad people do good things and I can relate to that but when it comes to extremes I am left numb.

My mum had an abusive and deprived childhood but instead of hurting others she was protective towards them so what does make us behave differently given similar circumstances.

It seems the more man unravels the more questions he is left with and from a believers perspective that troubles me as if God has hidden things from us it is for our protection.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
    Let me hide myself in Thee;
    Let the water and the blood,
    From Thy riven side which flowed,
    Be of sin the double cure,
    Cleanse me from its guilt and power.

Not the labour of my hands
    Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
    Could my zeal no respite know,
    Could my tears forever flow,
    All for sin could not atone;
    Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
    Simply to Thy cross I cling;
    Naked, come to Thee for dress;
    Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
    Foul, I to the fountain fly;
    Wash me, Saviour, or I die!

While I draw this fleeting breath,
    When mine eyes shall close in death,
    When I soar to worlds unknown,
    See Thee on Thy judgement throne,
    Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
    Let me hide myself in Thee.

An interesting story Viv, I was immediately reminded of the story of “The Children of the Corn”.

As well as a reminded of a true incident that occurred many years ago when my father was a bus driver in Washington DC. Two young boys the oldest 11 years old) shot a bus driver to death in order to rob him of the two dollars he had on him.

Two dollars ($2.00) was all that driver’s life was worth to these two kids.

At what age does the true nature of a child begin to emerge?

Years ago as well, there were a group of chickens roaming loose out in the woods behind my house. (The reason I can explain at another time if necessary)

These chickens were very prolific as the hens would disappear for a little while and return with a bunch of little chicks waddling behind them.

One of the hens nesting in an out building out back had a brood of little fuzzy chicks with her. Matthew was just very small about 5 or 6 years old and our next door neighbor’s boy, Eric, was over playing with Matt one afternoon. When Eric discovered the little chicks he stomped on each one of them, one at a time killing them all. Much to his pleasure and amusement and much to Matthews surprise and disgust.

It might seem to you and I that a little child would want to love and pet a little fuzzy chick, but Eric’s instincts were to kill them.

My observation and limited study of life is that a child’s nature has already become settled in them by about 6 years old. It just perfects itself as they get older.

In order to change a person’s nature they must be born again. This is only possible through the power of our Creator, Jesus of Nazareth the Messiah.

No amount of jail, or fines or social out casting can change the nature of a person. Only a new birth brings out a different nature.

The wise woman of Tekoa wasn’t as wise as she thought she was once she encountered God. I know her too well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

God bless all as we pray together as a nation (National Day of Prayer) for our country and I would add, the world. May Gods grace mercy and justice be felt and understood by all in this time of pandemonium. What an opportunity for the whole world to be changed into His likeness.

God of the mountain

Life is easy, when youre up on the mountain
    And youve got peace of mind, like youve never known
    But things change, when youre down in the valley
    Dont lose faith, for your never alone

For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley
    When things go wrong, he’ll make them right
    And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times
    The God of the day, is still God in the night

We talk of faith way up on the mountain
    But talk comes easy, when lifes at its best
    Now its down in the valleys, trials and temptations
    Thats where your faith is really put to the test

For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley,
    When things go wrong, he’ll make them right
    And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times
    The God of the day, is still God in the night
    The God of the day, is still God in the night

But who among us— desperate for hope— is too sure of ourselves to wonder.

when we are sure of ourselves, can we be sure of God? seems there can be only one trust. man can not serve two masters.

without God, hope is desperate and false. it seem poor building material will show themselves early on in any project, or late with great disaster.

i love job unsure of self so sure of God. wondering and wander, so glad for a Good Shepherd. even if He slay me i shall trust Him. LORD of the living and the dead. thinking of lazrus coming out of the tomb, Jesus Truly LORD.

LORD of the walking dead!
    Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men, 15 but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever.”’” 17 In accordance with all these words and all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.

Wow

It’s hard to take that God removes His “loving kindness”. I suppose that’s what hell is all about.

fear is the beginning of wisdom

the narrow gate,

grace and peace.

You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain….

that love would remain.

4 But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the [d]deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place—unless you repent. 6 Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.’

i wonder who’s table people have been eating from.

Psalm 23

Does what we say, of think, about God show how God really is?

I thought that that was the question of Mart.

The saying of the wise woman is this:

The literal translation is “And God doth not take away the soul, but thinketh thoughts that He may not banish the banished one;” and the meaning is that God in wrath remembers mercy, and does not press punishment to extremes.

As I was looking at her words, I was thinking: Does that not show how God is?
    So I did some searching in the commentaries
    The commentary of MacLaren, in biblehub site, states that what the woman says here touches something that is very deep:

God goes into great lengths to get fallen man back to Him.

In His correcting of us, He remains full of grace.
    (Alexander Maclaren made a whole sermon on this saying of the wise woman of Tekoa, lovely to read.)
    Absalom was banished, as was Cain, when he had killed his brother. They stand for the whole of mankind that has fallen away from God.
    But God has deep ways, to bring us back:
    Again the pivotal time between Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.

The verse of the day on Bible gateway is this one:
    Col 4:5-6 Be wise in the way you act towards outsiders,
    Make the most of every opportunity
    Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Full of Grace, and seasoned with salt.

But to go on with Absalom, David showed grace to him, and had him return to the city.

The heartrending thing is, that however graceful David was, Absalom did not change his heart.
    He remained devious.

Heartbreaking story.
    Absalom went as far as having his father killed, only his father, as the wise man Aphitophel adviced him.

Whatever Absalom did, David would still long for his son.
    Reminds me of Jesus:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets, and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings. But you were not willing.
    Matthew 23:37

David crying over his son as a type of Jesus crying over Jerusalem.

May the Christians respond to Him, and return to their first love. Or maybe even have their eyes opened to this great love, the one and only hope for our soul: Jesus Christ

Still the promise stands, Matthew 23:39
    God is always waiting, till we say: blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.

Foreverblessed something else you and I share is the creative enjoyment of art. Whereas you paint, though it has been a very long time since I have been able to enjoy it, I like to draw and to carve and build. All creative works of art.

Looking at the picture of the woman Mart has given us, what do you see? I see unhappiness, even a smidgen of anger. Someone looking to be answered.

Some portraits are of setting models, some come from memory and some are imagined by the artist.

I think this one demonstrates the mood of its artist.

I think it very appropriate for the subject.

48 degrees and cloudy.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
    For in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,
    Whether thrones or dominions
    Or rulers or authorities—
    All things were created through him and for him.
    And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    And he is the head of the body, the church.

He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,
    That in everything he might be preeminent.
    For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
    And through him to reconcile to himself all things,
    Making peace by the blood of his cross,
    Whether on earth or in heaven. [1]

It has been impossible to read the comments this morning, today, so I remembered someone,vwas it Bratimus, who logged in the previous topic, and I read the scripture Jef posted:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
    Whether thrones or dominions
    Or rulers or authorities—
    All things were created through him and for him.
    And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    And he is the head of the body, the church.

He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,
    That in everything he might be preeminent.
    For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
    And through him to reconcile to himself all things,
    Making peace by the blood of his cross,
    Whether on earth or in heaven. [1]

This morning I have been reading that exact scripture, reading and reading again:
    Peace
    Peace through the blood of Christ, on the Cross.
    This reminds me of my older sister who said:
    I do not want anything to do with that bloody story.
    I remember I answered:
    Maybe it is not what God wants, but what we need to be saved.
    May God bless her heart!

I know that all of us agree on this scripture, here on this blog.
    And that is the Word of Grace.
    Forget about politics.
    The disciples were not called to overthrow Rome, while after 300 years Rome after all was overthrown, accepted Christianity. As a side effect.

Utmost of today hit me,
    Like, wow…
    “Can a sinner be turned into a saint? Can a twisted life be made right?”

I am often in despair what happens in the world, what people do to each other.
    Oswald says: focus on what difference Jesus has been in your heart. And if not much has happened, ask for more inCan a sinner be turned into a saint? Can a twisted life be made right? my own heart. So that I can say: just as Paul was convinced: if God could change me, the worst of all sinners, He can change anybody else.
    I know this is true, for a long time, but this hit me yesterday.
    And I confessed to God, how much despair I still have, and I lay it at His Cross.
    Father forgive me