Courageous Gentleness

Night had fallen in a Privileged  Land. The forces of evil were winning. Good efforts were being overruled. Something had to be done.

So, Elijah called down fire from heaven that consumed wet wood on an altar of challenge. With his sword  (in the ways of a violent age) he killed 400 prophets of Baal. But when he heard that the Queen had vowed to kill him, he ran for his life. Exhausted and confused, he complained that even though he served the almighty God, the other side was winning.

Then, once again, Elijah’s Almighty showed up. But this time he revealed his presence in an unexpected way. Not in a powerful windstorm. Or in a mighty earthquake. Or in a roaring fire. But in “the sound of a gentle whisper” (1Kings 19:12) NLT).

For Elijah and all who’ve heard his story, it could have been a learning and defining moment. But not necessarily. Believing there also had to be justice, the Jewish nation waited centuries for a Liberator who, as the Son of David, would draw blood with the sword.

You know the story. Eventually, when a Roman governor asked Jesus if he was the king of the Jewish people, the teacher said his realm was of a different kind. He said that if he was like other rulers, his supporters would have fought to prevent him from being turned over to the leaders of his own people.

Am guessing that most of us have also heard— that later, a once violent man by the name of Saul came to believe that one evidence of the Spirit and presence of God is… gentleness. Known now as Paul, his words echoed a half-brother of Jesus who wrote that the wisdom that comes from God is— gentle.

Peter, who also learned his humility the hard way, expressed a similar thought when he urged leaders of Jesus’s followers not to Lord it over those under their care.

Yet, yes, as often as we’ve heard it, non-violent gentleness is counterintuitive to those of us who, like Elijah, feel that the other side is winning, and by all available means—must be stopped.

My guess, though, is that in our better moments— most of us know that the Kingdom we are helping or hurting is anticipated, honored, and expressed in the courageous gentleness of the Lamb.

63 Responses to “Courageous Gentleness”

It seems to take so much more courage and strength to act in gentleness rather than violence and revenge. Violence, hate and revenge seem to be a reaction rather than carefully considering the cost of those reactions, hurt for many and self. 1 Peter 2:23, 3:9; 1 Thess 5:15; Romans 12:17

Although Solomon, in all his wisdom, did say that there is a time and a season for everything under the sun. We have lived with such a divided nation with threats of violence depending on which side one takes both thinking and feeling they are in the right when neither gain anything but further alienation.

The strongest people I know are the one’s who do not have to prove their strength but instead are courageously gentle and kind.

I think there is great truth in what Solomon says as let us not forget that warriors have been needed to combat evil.

I don’t think I can simplify how God works in the world nor should I try to as it’s God’s plan and purpose and only He knows the answers to the ‘why’s.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing comes to mind and a trained soldier uses violence in defence of his country but within regulations and restrictions laid down and not for his own gain but for the greater good.

Let God do the leading and that to me means different paths for different people with different strengths and weaknesses.

Mart I’m so glad you are focusing on the gentleness of God. Gentleness, gentleness, gentleness…..of our great and mighty God. Not on ourselves or others but God.

Maclaren: The dove of God

“All the gifts of that divine Spirit, gifts of holiness, of gentleness, of wisdom, of truth — all these are forecasts and anticipations of the perfectness of the heavens. To us, sailing over a dismal sea, the Spirit comes bearing with it a message that tells us of the far-off land and the fair garden of God in which the blessed shall walk.

Dear friends, remember the one condition on which is suspended our possession of the Spirit of God. It is that we shall have Christ for our very own by our humble faith. If we are trusting in Him, He will come and put His Spirit within our hearts. Without Him these hearts are cages of unclean and hateful birds. But the meek presence of the dove of God will drive out the obscene, twilight-loving creatures that build and scream there, and will fill our hearts with the tranquillity, the purity, the gentleness, the hope, which are ‘the fruit of the Spirit.’ “

So, as I am sitting here with my window partially opened to air out the room I just now hear of all things in the midst of winter a cooing Dove! I guess it’s not unusual for Doves to stick around in winter in the southern part of the state but a real blessing of confirmation to me of the gentleness of God, Thank you LORD.

That speaks to me that I am already walking in the presence of Christ filled people as I have known some meek and gentle people in my life.

When I visited a nursing home I said to my son that I noticed how gentle the Philippian nurses were and he said to me they are a very gentle race of people mum.

Viv I’ve also noticed that worshippers of Buddha are also very gentle people, though deceived. Some races are taught/trained in being submissive from birth, yes. Cultural. But they don’t posses Life as Jesus does! Life more abundant!

I think that when you are all powerful, all knowing, everywhere at once that there is little or nothing you fear.

I think I can know who God is, but to completely know Him is an impossible task.

When I think of the “laws of the universe” in scientific terms, I am taught that there are limits and boundaries.

When I think of God I see that there are no boundaries, no limits.

God can be what He wants to be when He wants to be, for His purposes.

True wisdom knows when to be tough, when to be gentle as well as how to do both.

The story of Elijah on Mount Carmel is one of those stories that stirs in me the “fire” of God. God the warrior.

Here instantly God’s power is shown to all who witnessed it. But then the story gets weird. None of the “prophets” of Baal were given the opportunity to “change sides”, to repent, to acknowledge God. They were unceremoniously killed…

Do you think this was God’s will or Elijah’s?

Then after seeing what God did Mount Carmel, why would Elijah fear Jezebel?

The little story of the Juniper tree is one of my favorites, as in my walk with God I too have found myself at that place…Until God showed up in my life also.

The story that follows sounds to me like God is trying to calm Elijah down. In a soft and Fatherly voice He feeds and strengthens Elijah and sends an angel to encourage him and sends him on to the cave at Mount Horeb where in God’s most soft and gentle voice God makes Himself known to Elijah.

Personally I know in the storms and earth shattering events of my life, I too forget what God has already done for me, and just like this story, God shows up in a soft and gentle way to make Himself known to me.

God had and has a use for Elijah, and He has a purpose for me and you as well. When that purpose is fulfilled God will not abandon us, but rather take us up to be with Him in perfect unity. No more tears, no more questions.

29 degrees and snowing.

31 When he was gone, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him,[c] God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once. John 13

Street said (The Humility of God)

like esau and jacob before they where born God chose who He would bless.

all are blessed in Christ Jesus.

There we have it! The differences we struggle with between then- before Christ- and now. Aren’t we all so grateful to live on this side of the resurrection!

(Thinking of those not chosen)

Beloved says:
    January 17, 2021 at 11:49 am

If I had not had a mental breakdown I may not have seen my need of God which changed my outlook on how God viewed me.

He protected and helped me through the darkest days of my life and so if I trust Him today it is with good reason.

I don’t believe God judges people for their ignorance or else I wouldn’t be seeing Him so clearly today.

A new topic, ( don’t have to scroll down 400 comments, 😂)
    Gentleness.
    The soft breaze, beautiful how God approached Elijah!
    I always loved that story.
    Top of the mountain to deep in the dark valley.
    Elijah really had a breakdown, and that after a huge miracle, ( for our days a bit bloody too, 400 men killed ouch)

God is call powerful, but so loving, that must be the restrain for Him not to treat us as we deserve.

Some Proverbs came in my mind:

Better a patient person than a warrior,
    one with self-control than one who takes a city.

Like a city whose walls are broken through
    is a person who lacks self-control.

Proverbs 16:32, 25:28

These two are maybe less connected to the topic, but good for this week to ponder about:

An offended brother is more umyiel

O dear, just hit the wrong button,

An offended brother is more unyielding than a fortified city.
    and disputes are like the barred gates of a citadel.

A fool gives full vent to his anger,
    but a wise man keeps himself under control

Proverbs 18:19,29:11

And this one is good for myself, for our own heart:
    He who conceals his sins does not prosper,
    but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

Confessing AND renouncing, that is what was always stressed when I went to “healing” christian conferences. I did go there often, after I left the cultic church.
    Proverbs 28:13

(Chosen, to be the firstfruits.
    That is what it could mean, the others are not yet chosen.)

Viv said: All I can say is that I too was taught to be submissive (cultural) so that means I too am deceived.

I also was trained to submit to authority whether -good or bad authority. The deception I’m thinking of is Spiritual. Those who follow other gods have been deceived. Whether they are ignorant of God- which the Bible says is not possible- or have chosen to follow like the Baal worshippers.

Viv here is cs Lewis remarks about knowing God which I think are very good.

2 Pet 1:2-3 (Jer) May you have more and more grace and peace as you come to know our Lord more and more. By divine power, he has given us all the things that we need for life and true devotion, bringing us to know God himself, who has called us by his own glory and goodness.
    C.S. Lewis On Theology

“In a way I quite understand why some people are put off by Theology. I remember once when I had been giving a talk… an old, hard-bitten officer got up and said, ‘I’ve no use for all that stuff. But mind you, I’m a religious man too, I know there’s a God, I’ve felt Him: out alone in the desert at night; the tremendous mystery. And that’s just why I don’t believe all your neat little dogmas and formulas about Him. To anyone who’s met the real thing they all seem so petty and pedantic and unreal!’

“Now in a sense I quite agree with that man. I think he probably had a real experience of God in the desert. And when he turned from that experience to the Christian creeds, I think he really was turning from something real to something less real. In the same way, if a man has once looked at the Atlantic from the beach, and then goes and looks at a map of the Atlantic, he will also be turning from something real to something less real: turning from real waves to a bit of colored paper.

“But here comes the point. The map is admittedly only colored paper, but there are two things you have to remember about it. In the first place, it is based on what hundreds and thousands of people have found out by sailing the real Atlantic. In that way it has behind it masses of experience just as real as the one you could have from the beach; only, while yours would only be a single isolated glimpse, the map fits all those different experiences together. In the second place, if you want to go anywhere, the map is absolutely necessary. As long as you are content with walks on the beach, your own glimpses are far more fun than looking at a map. But the map is going to be more use than walks on the beach if you want to get to America.

“Now, Theology is like that map. Merely learning and thinking about Christian doctrines, if you stop there, is less real and exciting than the sort of thing my friend got in the desert. Doctrines are not God: they are only a kind of map. But that map is based on the experiences of hundreds of people who really were in touch with God–experiences compared with which any thrills or pious feelings you and I are likely to get on our own are very elementary and very confused.

“And secondly, if you want to get any further, you have to use the map. You see, what happened to that man in the desert may have been real, and was certainly exciting, but nothing comes of it. It leads nowhere. There is nothing to do about it. In fact, that is just why a vague religion–all about feeling God in nature, and so on–is so attractive. It is all thrills and no work; like watching waves from the beach. But you will not get to Newfoundland by studying the Atlantic that way, and you will not get eternal life by simply feeling the presence of God in flowers or music. Neither will you get anywhere by looking at maps without going to sea. Nor will you be very safe if you go to sea without a map.”

Beloved, when I take away my religion and culture which is what led me astray I have a very simple faith and it works for me.

I never feel nearer God than when I partake of Holy Communion as I feel cleansed of my sins i.e. wrong thoughts or other distractions that have taken me away from God.

I find peace with God through worship and putting my trust in God because I have little understanding of the world around me and having mental health struggles means I do not try to understand what is way above my head.

I know learned people understand what I do not but God speaks in language that I understand even if no one else does and there is tremendous peace comes from knowing God’s eye is on the sparrow.

Be Still My Soul

Be still my soul the Lord is on thy side
    Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain
    Leave to thy God to order and provide
    In every change He faithful will remain
    Be still my soul thy best, thy heavenly friend
    Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end
    Be still my soul when dearest friends depart
    And all is darkened in the vale of tears
    Then shalt thou better know His love His heart
    Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears
    Be still my soul the waves and winds shall know
    His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below
    Be still my soul the hour is hastening on
    When we shall be forever with the Lord
    When disappointment grief and fear are gone
    Sorrow forgot love’s purest joys restored
    Be still my soul when change and tears are past
    All safe and blessed we shall meet at last

Viv I very much appreciate you and the gentleness you bring here.

4 I have no greater joy than [a]this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

5 Beloved, you are acting faithfully in whatever you accomplish for the brothers and sisters, and [b]especially when they are strangers; 6 and they have testified to your love before the church. You will do well to [c]send them on their way in a manner worthy of God.

The remark of Steve;
    The calming that God did to Elijah,
    and that also happened to Steve, when he forgot about what His had already done in his life.

The calming of God.
    That is good to meditate upon.
    Last night I watched a documentary about Chinese investments in Cambodia, a city is arising there, to be bigger than Las Vegas.
    afterwards I was restless, during the night. these people who seek after money, they fear being poor again, they work and work, and relaxation in nightbars. With lots of women, who are payed to animate men. I hope, only drinking with them.
    My heart was crying, and I needed that Rest in Jesus again.
    Giving my concern for this country to Jesus, laying it at His Feet, and ask for peace.
    It is a struggle. But there is no other way.

Psalm 2:1
    Why do the nation’s rage and the peoples plot in vain?

Psalm 4:4-5
    To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill.
    Selah
    I lie down and sleep, I wake again, because the Lord sustains
    me.

Psalm 4:6-8

The next few verses may be saying something about a violent God, striking the enemy on the jaws and braking their teeth.
    That does not sound like a gentleness, but maybe it is meant by:
    Letting come the enemy to his senses, so he will stop his violence? And then there is deliverance for them too in the Cross.

Thanks Beloved, 2 Peter 1:1-4 is one of my favorites!
    And thanks for sharing about the chooing doves!
    It is good you hear them, thank God for that.
    I enjoy them very much in the morning, yesterday morning a dove was chooing, while it was still dark.
    I wondered about it, and had to think about
    Psalm 108:1-5

Mart shared what Jesus said when Pilate was talking about His kingdom was not of this world if it were Jesus could call on His servants to prevent the crucifixion but earlier in the garden as the soldiers came to arrest Him one of them slashed off the ear of one of the High Priests servants to which Jesus said, ” Are you not aware that I can call on My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?”” Courageous Gentleness at it’s best.

The last couple mornings I have had to deal with plowing snow and cleaning off the walkways. And of course cleaning off the rock where I feed the critters.

I have plenty of doves, as many as a dozen or more at a time feeding.

In the dark of the early morning I hear sometimes the oddest animal sounds as they wake from their night of rest.

Some I recognize some I don’t. but the cooing of the doves is instantly recognized.

There is a time when the timber is filled with the sounds of the birds. it is those times when I believe they sing their praise and prayers to God, and I feel close to Him and them all at the same time.

25 and light snow.

When my children accused me of having a selective memory I was some what surprised until they went on to explain that I remembered their bad behaviour better than their good.

On reflection I realised what they said was true I was not one to praise them when they got it right but very quick to condemn them when they didn’t.

I recall that was how my own childhood was and perhaps why I am more apt to criticize than praise.

I can also have a selective memory when it comes to God and why I miss Holy Communion services because they are a reminder of my neglect fullness towards Him as how easy I forget Him when life is going well and how predictable I am in running back to Him when it isn’t.

My lack of seeing God’s presence is not down to Him not being their but my inability to sense it.

I have found that distractions from God are inevitable and why I find this quote from C. S. Lewis rings true.

S. Lewis on Life’s Interruptions. “The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one’s ‘own’, or ‘real’ life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one’s real life – the life God is sending one day by day: what one calls one’s ‘real life’ is a phantom of one’s own imagination.

Sometimes It Takes a Mountain

I faced a mountain
    That I never faced before
    That’s why I’m calling on You Lord
    I know it’s been a while
    But Lord please hear my prayer
    I need You like I never have before

Sometimes it takes a mountain
    Sometimes a troubled sea
    Sometimes it takes a desert
    To get a hold of me
    Your love is so much stronger
    Than whatever troubles me
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust You and believe

Forgive me Jesus
    I thought I could control
    Whatever life would throw my way
    But this I will admit
    Has brought me to my knees
    I need You Lord and I’m not ashamed to say

Sometimes it takes a mountain
    Sometimes a troubled sea
    Sometimes it takes a desert
    To get a hold of me
    Your love is so much stronger
    Than whatever troubles me
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust You and believ
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust You and believe

Sometimes it takes a mountain
    Sometimes a troubled sea
    Sometimes it takes a desert
    To get a hold of me (get a hold, get a hold of me)
    Your love is so much stronger
    Than whatever troubles me
    Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust You and believe (trust You and believe)

Sometimes it takes a mountain
    To trust You and believe

stop look listen respond

yes please stop the lawless violence, the godless love of the wages of wickness, the noise of empty words.

Jesus had an incredible way of silencing His enemies with a kind gentle truth. James speaks of the tongue as a small flame that sets a forest on fire. John speaks of our Lords tongue as a sword.

with the tongue we reveal what is in out hearts. let our hearts be resting in Christ on the Thrown of God in Heaven. Ephesians 2.

man, God’s chosen instrument to reveal visibly the invisible God.

like elijah and paul, thinking of jonah. jonah wanted justice not mercy/forgiveness, God want mecy, justice would come. jonah knew God would forgive, jonah did not want God to forgive. jonah revisited. boy are we messed up!

jonah was firm/unwavering in his belief that if ninava repented God would forgive.

and we still wonder if jonah forgave his enemy too.

is that gentleness contagious? like a disease process in reverse.

thinking of pauls labor till Christ is formed in others.

thinking of pauls labor till Christ is formed in others.

Spurgeon has some very good truths today in Morning and Evening. How Paul was not weary *of the labor but *in the labor. No, my desire never changes to seek and teach always on the lookout with my words ready. Even when I’m exhausted. If I go out with a club that would not be the gentleness of Christ’s message. I once told someone they acted more like Peter than Jesus, ouch. He didn’t like that one bit because he needed to justify his anger problem. Yet after praying with him he led his first person to Christ!

It’s snowing big puffs of snowflakes! So much gentleness all around if we seek it- rather than icy sharp jabs of sleet. Labor on friends!!

LOL

Todays Utmost is also good:

” We are not sent to do battle for God, but to be used by God in His battles. Are we more devoted to service than we are to Jesus Christ Himself”

the Sword out of Jesus mouth, isn’t that the Words of the Spirit,penetrating the heart, dividing its motives?
    That people will come to their senses?

(Have a good day, I’m off to bed, sleep under God’s care. He never slumbers nor sleeps. He takes care of our days and of our nights)

Luke 17:8
    On the contrary, will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’?

Galatians 6:7-9
    Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a person sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will reap destruction from the flesh, but the one who sows to the Spirit will reap eternal life from the Spirit. Let’s not become discouraged in doing good, for in due time we will reap, if we do not become weary.

in doing good i think of the two loves in John.

thinking of the priority of serving in Spirit and Truth over physical needs, God knows theses needs and provides for them too.

thinking vs loving one another. jonah

Though passing through this darkened world,
    We’re children of the Light.
    Though pressured and rejected here,
    We’re precious in Your sight.

Refrain
    We walk below with hearts above,
    The captives of eternal love.
    But by Your Spirit show us how
    To love You fully here and now.

The fruit of all Your life and love
    Will come to those who reap.
    With joy, my Lord, we gladly sow
    The lives we cannot keep.

Through pain and sorrow, grief and death
    We more than overcome.
    We fix our eyes on Jesus Christ,
    Your risen, reigning Son!

I was referring to the sword of Peter that tried to protect Jesus from being taken. The gentleness of Jesus in replacing the ear. Though they tried to take the Kingdom by force the Spirit assisted Jesus to obey for the sake of one and all- passive AND aggressive and everything in between lol. Reminded of the sword of the Spirit that divides. I don’t think we can even begin to imagine the judgement day- seeing God fully for the first time. Come LORD Jesus, come. Divide me from between heaven and earth.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
    Praise Him, all creatures here below;
    Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
    Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!
    Praise God the Father who’s the source;
    Praise God the Son who is the course;
    Praise God the Spirit who’s the flow;
    Praise God, our portion here below!

His mercies are new every morning!
    Whatever our circumstances, may we say so.

The story of Richard Wurmbrand still makes a big impression on me. He was stressing the “Nothing”
    Nothing they had in the dungeon.
    But….this is how they learned that they had Everything, namely Jesus

(Steve, in my last few comments in the former topic, I think over what your question triggered: have you not felt left alone by God?)

Dear Beloved, I was referring to the sword Street mentioned, coming out of the mouth of Jesus.

This was bad typing, last 🌃 night.
    I have a good excuse, it was very late. lol

“snowflakes are gentle. But lots of snowfalkes give loads of work, amy God give your strenth for the day Steve
    LOL”

The LOL was meant for the many snowflakes, that give heavy work.
    Maybe Steve is working right now, may God give him strength for the day.

No birds singing this morning, there is s heavy westwind combined with some rain. The birds are hiding.
    My husband is working from home today.

Yesterday I told about my deep concern of a gambling city, bigger than Las Vegas, that is being build in Cambodia.
    Last night God gave me a prayer: pray that these hotels may be used for christian conferences!
    And that is what I did, and the prayer gave me great joy.
    God’s mercies are good every night too!

Foreverblessed thanks for the smile this morning, indeed I have been up and at it since 2:45am. Glenna needed me to help her up off the floor and into her chair and I seen that I needed to plow again this morning.

So after getting Matt up and his breakfast over I plowed off the hill, alley, and neighbors and came in for some coffee and to check on Matt.

I never leave the house without Matt and I each have “walkie talkies” (two way radio’s) so if he needs me he can call, but I still need to see he is ok.

Yesterday afternoon the garbage truck slid off the street just below my house and got stuck there. It was after 4pm before they were able to get him pulled out and towed away.

Snow is always a problem. I never have quite figured out why people pay to come and play in it.

Thank you for your concern and prayers. Bubbles needs your prayers right now as her dad is in hospice. She is a very tender and compassionate woman and needs all of our prayer support right now.

25 degrees f, and snowing.

God revealed His very nature through the life of Jesus. That nature is the One who wanted a intimate relationship with His creation, humanity. He showed us that from the beginning in the garden and again by coming in the form of man through Jesus. God could have shown His strength and power by doing what our fallen nature deserved but chose instead to show us mercy and grace by allowing Himself to go through all that He did so that we would come to Him.

Peter learned grace, Paul learned grace, Elijah learned grace, Jonah learned grace and I have learned grace. I received what I did not earn because of a love I did not know, YET! When I look deep inside where sin lurks in the shadow and realize I have a choice now to choose to follow that sin desire or to follow the ways of the Lord and I can only follow the ways of the Lord with His help.

It takes courage to follow after God when the world around us has such a great pull by all the bells and whistles. It takes courage to say God I want your will to be done not mine, to serve rather than be served, to put God first above ALL others, to pray rather than go it alone, to be grateful rather than grumbling and complaining, lying rather than being truthful, forgiving rather than holding grudges or hating, being real rather than hiding behind a mask.

That last one “being real rather than hiding behind a mask” could also read “being real rather than hiding behind a religious mask”. That was exactly what Jesus confronted with courageous gentleness with the religious leaders in His time on earth which is applicable today as well.

It breaks my heart to hear about bubble’s dad, I know how close she is to him and I certainly will pray for them.

Also sad to hear about Glenna falling and what a stressful morning you are going through too Steve my prayers are for you too!

Lord, life becomes more simple
    When all I seek is You,
    When walking in Your Spirit
    Is all that I pursue,
    When knowing You are with me
    Is all the light I need,
    When all my heart is hungry
    For You to shape and lead.
    Lord, life is filled with beauty
    When I am filled with You,
    When You, so kind and patient,
    Have made me caring, too.
    When I am free to love You
    And look to You alone,
    Then life has found its sunlight,
    And hope has found its home.

Lord Jesus, Sun of Heaven,
    Its temple and its light,
    Life’s goal and its beginning,
    Love’s length and depth and height;
    Lord, teach my heart to listen
    And rest in simple truth,
    To know life’s sweetest pleasure:
    To know and worship You.

Oh, I see, thanks forever. We have casinos all around my state which have not closed due to covid. Lots of money in those places although I’ve never been inside one. Several of my former neighbors went religiously. Even those who could barely walk! It’s a terrible addiction and waste of money to my thinking. Knowing God always hears my prayers makes me feel good also. My Papa is so good!

Words of wisdom there at 6:43!

Snow in the air is one thing but once it hits the ground it’s another story. 🤷‍♂️ I’ve been watching some shows on YouTube about Appalachia and wondered how they navigate up and down the many hills in the winter. A very good one is called “West of West Virginia.” I thought of Steve especially when they visited a cemetery which he talks about quite often.

Night had fallen in a Privileged Land. The forces of evil were winning. Good efforts were being overruled. Something had to be done.

ESV
    As the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell on Abram. And behold, dreadful and great darkness fell upon him.

6 This is what the Lord says to me:

“Go, post a lookout
    and have him report what he sees.
    When he sees chariots
    with teams of horses,
    riders on donkeys
    or riders on camels,
    let him be alert,
    fully alert.”

8 And the lookout[a] shouted,

“Day after day, my lord, I stand on the watchtower;
    every night I stay at my post. Isaiah 21:6-8

32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert[a]! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

Ephesians 6:18
    And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

1 Peter 1:13
    Be Holy
    Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.

1 Peter 4:7
    The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

1 Peter 5:8
    Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Courage

James 4:8
    New King James Version
    8 (A)Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (B)Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and (C)purify your hearts, you double-minded.

New King James Version
    12 Then you will (A)call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will (B)listen to you. 13 And (C)you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me (D)with all your heart. 14 (E)I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; (F)I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

“Are you fearing government breakdown? Does insurrection scare you? You can have peace in tumultuous times. Remember this in your hour of need, you will thank me later. “Lord God, hear my prayer. I recognize that I am a sinner and deserve death for disobeying your commandments. I accept Jesus’ undeserved death on a cross in my place. I receive your forgiveness for my sin through Jesus’ sacrifice for me. Holy Spirit, please come into my life, fill my heart with peace that only you can give, and help me follow your path instead of my own will that leads to destruction. In Jesus’ name, amen.” God accepts you as you are, wherever you are, and he loves you.”

this is something someone has written on youtube video of the farewell speech of Trump.
    That is really a powerful message.
    I pray, many will get that message.

May God protect the Trump family, may His face shine on them, and be with them.

I too listened to Trumps speech.

I thought of King Nebuchadnezzars’ speech in Daniel4:30. New American Standard Bible
    The king began speaking and was saying, ‘Is this not Babylon the great, which I myself have built as a royal residence by the might of my power and for the honor of my majesty?’

He admitted the China virus stopped his work for the country. I asked myself, did God send a virus to humble a world power? Stranger things have happened all through history. God is still sovereign.

It is not Pres Trump who fears insurrection or break down of our government. It was the Speaker of the House and the Biden Administration who called 21,000 troops in to protect those in DC from the ghosts of their guilt for doing so much against our current President for four years and against the very fabric of our Constitution. Our current President called for peace and people to work together for the good of our nation.

Luke 18:25
    25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

We can do nothing of ourselves to gain entrance to heaven. It is only through Jesus.

Ever wonder why they called troops in rather than the police for protection? Could it be because the Democrats are demanding that the police be defunded and charged for crimes when they are only doing their jobs?

How does anyone know whether someone is saved or not? Only God knows that. As Charles Stanley once preached there will be people in heaven we never thought we would see there and people we thought we would see that are not there.

Beloved Trump earned his money from working a job while Biden is rich but never earned a dime by working a job but got his money from kickbacks while working for the government like Obama who came into office then grew his net worth by 468% and when he left office a bought a 15 million dollar mansion.

When Jesus said that He was using hyperbole to explain that money does not get you to heaven. Whether one has much or little uses it to help others or whatever has no bearing. Only Jesus is the way but often the rich have a hard time putting Jesus first. “He went away very sad.” Isn’t that true there’s a sadness about giving up things we hold dear? It’s bittersweet at first- for me- but turns joyful because I know it pleases Him😊

Steve, that early morning time in the woods is almost holy. There is something precious about that time of day, and to hear the woodland creatures as they begin their day.

Last night God gave me the desire of my heart to allow me to hold my precious father in my arms as he went into our Saviour’s arms. The nurse helped arrange it so I could lay beside of him and hold him as he took his last breath on this earth. He held me when I took my first ones, and I had asked God to allow me to honor my precious Daddy by holding him when he took his last. I’m humbled and thankful for that grace. Blessed in the eyes of the Lord are the death of His saints. Thank you who prayed here.

Bubbles, my most heartfelt sympathy for your loss. I am so pleased that the hospice nurses allowed you your time with your dad.

You are never truly alone as the Lord is always with you.

And you know where we are and how to get here.

The peace of the Lord Jesus to you.

We love you.

My condolences to you bubbles.

Please accept my condolences Bubbles.

bubbles beautiful and fragile,

may God fill you and sustain you,

in His love and peace, Christ Jesus.

62. Regina says:

Good Evening, All
    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! I hope you/yours are well. I, too, want to offer my condolences, bubbles, in the loss of your dad. I can tell that he was a good dad, and I’m glad that you were allowed to be with him when he transitioned from this world to heaven. I pray that he is resting in the arms of the Lord. Rev. 21:1-4.

Love to all…