Seems to me

Seems to me

Seems to me… that for most of Jesus’ public life he spoke in riddles— and did things that pointed to himself as the Answer.

For those who read (past tense) the Scriptures in a way that gave themselves annual atonement— while seeing the rest of the world as destined for judgment—Jesus talked and lived outside the lines of the way they connected the dots.

But in the end, He showed that he would rather die like a criminal outside the walls of their vision of his Father, rather than conform to the rules of their hypocrisy.

Until the end of his public life, He read the Scriptures like a mystery that would only be solved in a way that even his own disciples could not accept.

Only after dying, rising, and ascending to the throne of his Father as the new Adam— could He be declared the hope of all Creation and, for now— especially so, for those who believe.

And yet, even in the writings that followed, apart from confidence in Jesus’ love for all, the riddles of Scripture remain (present tense) deadlocked– not in a fight for the Bible, or for its witness to the Living Word— but for the interpretation of its inspired written words.

Seems to me…

62 Responses to “Seems to me”

“Seems to me”…

If only others could allow us to have the freedom to “seem” to ourselves there would be a lot less dissention within we believers.

As it becomes just what is it that we believe?

As long as it agrees with what another believes there is no problem, but that is not the way of things with people.

And certainly not the people in Jerusalem who considered themselves to be expert at interpreting the Scriptures. As it were such men who demanded Jesus’ death for what Jesus said of Himself.

Seems to me there are still such people who consider themselves to be expert in interpreting the “New” Scriptures along with the “Old” and their attitude is pretty much the same as those who demanded Jesus be silenced.

Either we agree with them or are considered false teachers or heretics or whatever Biblical sounding adjective attached to those who don’t quite align with their interpretation of our faith. Demanding agreement.

So what do we do outwardly? Listen politely? Or demand they be silenced? While inwardly allowing the Holy Spirit to discern what is truth and what is not for ourselves?

And the more life I live, the more I do not understand. I am more frustrated and confused now than I have ever been. Nothing makes sense any longer.

Dear friend Bubbles do not dismay, many a believer is where you are. They just don’t admit it.

I have been deeply blessed in that across my life God has given me encouragements well before I needed them, so that when darker circumstances came I could remember them.

Even still when I am seemingly confused or discouraged, I am reminded to look back to a time when God showed up and provided just exactly what was needed at just the right time for me.

I know what I have said will not make you feel better, I just want you to know someone is listening and cares.

What do we do: listen silently or demand they be silenced?

One time I walked together with a Roman Catholic lady, after the oecumene prayer, she was talking, and said:
    “Only when you protestants see the bread and wine the same as we do, can we keep the eucharist together. (The Bread and wine)

Now, my own natural inclination would be:
    Directly contradict what she said.
    But …
    I heard the Holy Spirit whisper in my mind:
    “Be patient with those that have holy cows, just as I have been patient with you”.

I was so taken by surprise: hearing the Holy Spirit talk to me in this way.
    ( That’s living under the New Covenant, being led personally by God, by direct contact, and not by a set of rules. Not only being lead, but God also giving us the strength to do it)

But…. The Holt Spirit have me a choice: I could have chosen my own way.
    But this time, the message was so clear. And the patience that God had to have with me, that struck me.

My holy cow was the 7th day Sabbath.
    Holy cow, we have the dutch saying: Holy houses.

5. Hugger4U says:

There were times when Christ spoke the Word/Truth and times he was silent when he walked the earth in his human form before the cross. We pray for wisdom and listen for the Holy Spirit’s guidance in how to minister His grace, love, truth and sometimes silence as we walk beside our fellow man as Forever has experienced.

Bubbles, praying for you to draw closer to the Lord and to know him as your friend and brother. He is tenderhearted to the brokenhearted and will not stretch you beyond what you can bear for now. The unjust evil that happens in these last days will be answered soon. We must keep our eyes on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

By the way, have you ever noticed how Jesus, Paul and Peter and others took the Word out of context? LOL We are so limited in our understanding and in turn try to keep God in our boxes. His Word is unlimited, multifaceted and multilayered. I love digging into the word for the treasures He has for us just at the right moment we need them. We need to stay open to whatever the Holy Spirit is saying, even if it goes against what you might have been taught. Just go to His Word and remain teachable.

Love to all,
    Hugger

6. Hugger4U says:

Bubbles, when you have time listen to “Redeemer” by Nicole C. Mullens on YouTube. It blesses me I pray it will minister to you.

Love,
    Hugger

Thank you, Hugger and Steve. I will find that video. God is ALWAYS good, no matter what happens. He does not need to explain Himself to anyone and I know that. I have got to get over this and I am sorry. I love the Lord Jesus and I know He knows the best for all. We need to trust Him always, and understanding does not need to take place ever to trust Him. Understanding can wait; obedience cannot.

living Word of Trust in His Father, hope in what could not be seen, and Loving that which is so foreign to the world. The Man. resting at the Right hand of God.

thinking about when fear and disobedience gives way to trust hope and love. death/darkness gives way to Life/Light.

to be called, to go, to be sanctified, to be Glorified. to follow the pioneer of our faith. the One Who has first place in all things. for all things come from Him. To Him be all Glory Honor Praise and Thanksgiving. For the Kingdom the Power and the Glory are Yours Father Son and Holy Spirit now and forever. amen

Agreeing on interpretation will not happen on this side of eternity.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

Understanding and trust was brought up.

I was reading about David bringing the Ark back after Saul died- how happy and joyful he was until God got angry at Uzziah for touching the Ark (trying to keep it from falling) and God killed him! Then David got angry at God and the partying was over.

Understanding God is so hard I think. A roller coaster of emotions it seems to me. Does God blame us for misunderstanding Him? I don’t think so. His grace covers all every sin emotion disloyalty if we are held in place with Jesus’ bloody nails. Fixed and promised because God cannot lie. Bless His Holy name, Amen

“Understanding is something that can wait”.
    Like the disciples, they could not understand the need of the Cross. Impossible for them.
    How deeply deserted they must have felt, when Jesus had died, and was in the tomb.
    Their envisioned King was dead. And had died a cruel death.
    God did not intervene. He left Him hanging on the Cross.
    Days of darkness and gloominess.

We know it was only three days, we know Jesus was raised the third day.
    A glorious moment in in the garden around the tomb.

But, I think we must be careful because if we think we need to understand God, we are not truly trusting Him. When we get to Heaven, all of this that happened here, will we even care why? I lost my mother when I was 8 years old; she was young. My life was permanently altered when she died. For a long time I wanted to die too. I didn’t want to go home after school because she wasn’t there. She died in autumn, so it was getting dark early and the sky had that nasty lead color and the sick light. It was a bad time of year for it to happen. All of the trees were bare.

I no longer need to know why she died. I wouldn’t have ever chosen that, but God knows best. Every milestone in my life I have lived without her, mourning her, mourning the what could have beens, missing knowing her as an adult. I am thankful for the memories and time we had together.

I think needing to know is human nature. However, it also bespeaks of lack of trust and God cannot be pleased with that. He doesn’t need to explain anything to us. We are only clay in His hands.

Jesus the Great High Priest
    14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest(A) who has ascended into heaven,[a](B) Jesus the Son of God,(C) let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.(D) 15 For we do not have a high priest(E) who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are(F)—yet he did not sin.(G) 16 Let us then approach(H) God’s throne of grace with confidence,(I) so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

So comforting to me.

yes we are made out of the dust of the earth. yet if I remember right God Breathed His Spirit into Adam creating a visible image of Himself. I hear you bubbles and have been thinking along these lines too, but God bids us to come to Him in Christ to ask. waiting remembering and recalling what He said and what He promised. Abraham believed God even though he was as good as dead and still believed that God could do what He had promised. in Romans we are told the Holy Spirit goes before us when we do not even know what we should be asking. interceding on our behalf. may God bless you and the rest of us and sustain us in Christ Jesus.

Oswald Chambers speaks of a connection between understanding and obedience. Paul spoke of an abundance of grace and mercy he received in all his short comings.

God is Good.

His mercy is new every morning. may the Light of the world be exalted over all creation and guide us in the path of Righteousness for His Glory.

A few days ago when reading something in the newspaper I chanced across a word that captured my feelings exactly along my thoughts at the time.

The word was “freefall”. The author of the article I was reading had said that the whole world is in a “freefall”.

That is exactly how I see things going on in the world of politics, economics, and culture. In the attitude of people toward each other, this demonic social media, the manipulation of news and disinformation.

History being rewritten to a twisted new socially acceptable position.

Our faith under attack on all fronts. Our way of life under attack on all fronts.

Yes freefall is exactly how I see the condition of the whole world, not just this country.

When I read the answer Jesus gives the disciples as to what are the “signs” of His return (the end of the age), what I see is the world in a freefall toward disaster.

Foreverblessed mentioned hearing the voice of God clearly in her head during a conversation she was having. I too have heard His voice several times across my life and one of such times was during a time of being tested.

He simply said, “Stand fast”. I instantly understood He was instructing me to hold on to what I know, trust Him for the things I don’t know and stand fast in faith and endurance.

Not to over-react and step ahead of Him. Rather to stand fast be still and watch as God makes a way.

Yes I see the world in a free fall toward disaster, but I also know God has provided a safety net in His Son and promised, “For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Seems to me the events of the world are a testing of the waters by the spirit of the anti-christ in a forerunner to the real event on the horizon.

It seems to me:

Rather than just reading what is written in the bible and sharing that living word with people they instead take it out of context then lean on their understanding or interpretation to form their own intent and apply it in a way it is not meant to be applied.

It seems there are many passages that are riddles not meant to be understood but people make assumptions, or jump to conclusions or lead people to think it says something other than what it says especially when one has not read it within the whole. More often than not the bible interprets itself by finding meaning of the same idea in another part of scripture but most bibles have already cross-referenced those.

But it seems to be nothing new people take even a news story and adjust it to fit their own biases in an effort to sway those who listen to them to their way of thinking rather than presenting the facts and letting people make an informed decision on their own.

It does seem God will help us learn what He wants us to learn but it is not just for special people it is for all those who come to him humbly asking, seeking and knocking to know what He wants us to know and then gives us the power to act on what He teaches us. To know what the bible says is one thing but to practice and act on what we learn from it is another thing.

It is similar to reading the topics that Mart writes or any writer for that matter. Some have a tendency to not read the article as a whole but take even parts of a sentence or a paragraph out to go down a whole new path devoid of the meaning of the article.

In school we learned that there is a science to being a writer. First the headline to draw your curiosity then the first paragraph tells the reader what the story will be about then the next two or three paragraphs are the body of information on that story then the last paragraph is the conclusion that was reached. If one takes out any part of that then one will tend to lose the meaning of the story in the first place.

Seems to me; that the whole bible is about letting us know there is a God and that He wants a relationship with His creation and one day people will turn from going it on their own and turn to God. So I read it with the intent of trying to get to know the God who loves me enough to pursue me or everyone throughout my/our life or time as it were, as He does others and to provide a way to do so for eternity.

20. Hugger4U says:

So, last night I was reading out loud in Job 38 where the Lord speaks. As I was turning out the lights and snuggling under the covers I said, ‘Lord, I guess I know where I get my sarcasm from!’ We laughed and laughed!!!

I love the Father!

In His love,
    Hugger

Hugger, loved your comment!

https:
    //m.youtube.com/watch?v=QoGZMN1l91c&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0iraovNWWrm_Iwp9V_elAZukntX1vD8vrNHmGFD4yfGPT5FMTcpWsylXg

This is a wonderful story some of you may have heard about God telling a man to go look for a lost child in Texas.

sar·casm
    /ˈsärˌkazəm/
    noun
    the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    “his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment”

Hugger I remember having the same reaction to something Jesus said in the gospels a few years ago now.

25. Hugger4U says:

The Lord has a great sense of humor and more than willing to laugh with us.

I remember another time earlier this spring/summer I was on a road trip, just me and Jesus. I was coming off a mountain and not much traffic late in the afternoon talking away with the Lord when all of a sudden I had a thought, ‘what if I’m just talking to myself?’ Then right away I said “Thank you Lord for ‘knowing’ I’m not talking to myself!” Then we had a good laugh!!! I knew where that thought came from so nipped it in the bud.
    2 Corinthians 10:4-7. The KNOWING comes from knowing the Lord and His voice. He doesn’t speak doubt into you. He speaks Love, Faith, Truth etc. some correction but usually He corrects you by showing you your heart and what is really in there by working circumstances into a lesson. I’ll share about that another time. Thanks for commenting.

In His Love,
    Hugger

Many years ago while watching Family Feud with Richard Dawson as the host, in his usual sarcastic wit he insulted a woman who stood her ground and said back to him, “You sure like to make people feel stupid.”

She wasn’t laughing and he didn’t apologize.

We all possess the nature to be sarcastic, but when it is at the expense of another, do we listen to that still small voice that says to us to hold our tongue or do we push ahead and do so anyway?

I have to believe that we all have heard the voice of God in our walk with Him. As “Hugger” has stated sometimes it is a still small voice, sometimes a shout and sometimes it is just a “knowing” that is cemented into our hearts.

Very simply the same goes here on BTA. Sometimes it is best to respond sometimes it is best to just say nothing.

In line with our subject I am reminded of a Bible I have in my little library that my first wife had gotten for me as a gift many years ago.

It is a Bible that has four different Bibles represented. So that as you read each page of Scripture you get four different interpretations of each written word.

It really made me appreciate the good old King James Bible. Though I do like the “Living Bible” and my New American Bible for Catholics for study, I prefer the good old King James to just read.

Some of these new interpretations are just upsetting as they try to change what was written in an attempt to modernize it and make it more culturally acceptable.

All of which makes me more appreciate God telling me to “Stand fast”, to hold on to what I know and trust Him for what I don’t, to not be anxious, but rather to just be patient and wait on Him.

So to all of you who want to debate every word of God in an argumentative mood with everyone else, I say have at it, just don’t expect me to join in.

The honesty that Viv brought to the blog was admitting she does not read the bible nor did she act or lead people to believe she had. Very refreshing to say the least.

The only bible that I have read that changed what is says is the “New World Translation” published in 1953 by the Jehovah witnesses.

Seems to me that no matter what translation one chooses as long as they read it with the guidance of the Holy Spirit is what really matters then usually there is not much to argue about but a lot to share together and discuss. Each time one reads the bible there will be something new to learn that one may not have even seen before but it was always there. It seems to be a process in spiritual growth and being awakened with a willingness to learn something new but unless someone desires to keep on learning it is a moot point.

28. Hugger4U says:

Mart’s last paragraph, I would like to talk about that.

I have a history with the Lord. I’m 69 years old and gave my life to Him when I was 28. What a ride!!! So many mountain, valley, desert, and wilderness experiences and it isn’t over yet. :)

Truth is revealed as the Lord judges when we need it. He’s always interested in our hearts responses and yearnings. I married, had kids, raised them and now am alone. I have plenty of time now, with less distractions from the world. I have never felt closer to my Lord than I do today. He has revealed more of His Word to me in ways I am simply amazed at Him! The riddles melt away more and more. The Word is rich and alive! I hear the Word preached through my pastor and go home to study more because I just knew there was more the Lord wanted to reveal to me and sure enough many times I would get a whole different sermon out of the passages that was preached. The Lord just directed me to go deeper. I always seek Him and His wisdom when studying. This is how we grow up into the Head which is Christ, over the church. Mature. We are designed, once we are born again, to grow and mature and in turn teach others His ways. We were commanded to go and disciple nations. That is our mandate from God. Bless his Holy Name.

In His Love,
    Hugger

Same here Hugger. After you posted those scriptures yesterday I had to “dig deeper” and discovered things about Paul I didn’t know before when I took them at face value. I love digging it’s my passion to understanding the mind of God. Sometimes reading different translation helps me. So many nuances. Just like the Holy Spirit.

An excerpt from Spurgeons Morning and Evening devotional

October 12 Morning
    “I will meditate in thy precepts.”

Psalm 119:15

“There are times when solitude is better than society, and silence is wiser than speech. We should be better Christians if we were more alone, waiting upon God, and gathering through meditation on his Word spiritual strength for labour in his service. We ought to muse upon the things of God, because we thus get the real nutriment out of them. Truth is something like the cluster of the vine: if we would have wine from it, we must bruise it; we must press and squeeze it many times. The bruiser’s feet must come down joyfully upon the bunches, or else the juice will not flow; and they must well tread the grapes, or else much of the precious liquid will be wasted. So we must, by meditation, tread the clusters of truth, if we would get the wine of consolation therefrom.”

Steve, I did find your picture!

Mayor Durst speaks to Army Corps about recent flood in Bayard, West Virginia.

That is really good to see a face. Very boyish! At first I thought it was the huge man on the right, but you must be the man in the middle.

It is a small town, only 126 households, in 2010, 141 households in 2000. So how many are there now?

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Hugger!

That you feel closer than ever with Jesus.

Now that you are old, and alone, but….Jesus is very close to you.

This is so beautiful!

That is what I am looking for: having a close relation with Jesus. In the devotion Beloved gave, about Psalm 119:15, that is does not come by itself, that we have to put effort into it, meditating on Gods Word, sitting silently before Him, and waiting for Him, having our eyes fixed in faith on Jesus. That is an unexpected comparison: squeezing the grapes to juice- to meditating on God’s Word.

A few days ago I shared the bible passage of Ecclesiastes 12:1-7

The preacher is urging his readers to learn to know God intimately when we are young, before the days are coming that are difficult.
    That bible verse made a deep impression on me, when I was young. But I didn’t know how to do that. God was patient with me, He waited till I was “meek and poor in spirit”

Eccl 12:4

And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of music shall be brought low;

Rev 18:22

And the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters, will never ring out in you again. Nor will any craftsmen of any trade be found in you again, nor the sound of a millstone be heard in you again.

Know God before the difficult times have come, before your days are old, and you cannot go out of the house, “the doors are locked” the grinders are low

But this is also compared to the situation in the world: in Revelation 18, the fall of Babylon, the world has come to a “free fall”, society has come to a the economy is stopped, no more mills working.

But the relation with Jesus is as close as ever,
    He is King of kings and Lord of lords, but also the Lamb who opens the seals, the Lamb that was slain for the saving of the world.

God does not punish the world in anger, He wants to draw them to Himself, in love, He provided the Lamb, because He loved the world so much.

Foreverblessed I am glad you were able to find me. Our flood control levee has been inspected by the Army Corps of Engineers annually since it was built in 1962 and it has been my responsibility since I was elected Mayor in 1972 to see that it passes inspection.

I am not sure when the pictures were taken, only that it must have been members of the Corps team and certainly within the past few years.

Yes I still don’t look my age at all. I still have a full head of blond hair no gray except if I let my whiskers grow. Even they are a combination of colors.

During our last boom of population in the 60’s through the 90’s we had a population of about 600 people, that is way down now to somewhere around 250 or so. It is all about economics.

We were a coal mining community and the mines are now gone from here forever. Economically our future looks somewhat grim. However God still provides and He will continue to provide a future for our little community until it is His pleasure to make all things new again.

Matt is having a difficult morning and so that sets his and my time lines back somewhat. I still have a busy day ahead, but somehow the things needed done will get done.

For the next few minutes I have to wait on him, so I will write my thoughts on our subject.

I still and will forever believe that God is never blindsided or surprised by anything. And so because I believe that I also do not believe that Jesus was surprised when He was not recognized as Messiah by the religious experts there in Jerusalem.

I have read and heard it said that Jesus spoke in parables (riddles) after He was rejected by the religious leaders, because of their blindness in recognizing Him.

Maybe so, but it seems to me He used the riddles or parables as a way of explaining things in simple terms to simple people.

Knowing all the time that He would be called to answer for blasphemy by the religious leaders and crucified on the cross just exactly as it happened.

Psalm 22 is considered by me a description of Christ on the cross and I believe He uttered the opening of it so that those around the cross would understand what was happening. Still quoting Scripture while in the throngs of misery and pain.

No riddle there, a clear explanation of the Messiah being the sacrificial Lamb, not the triumphant warrior that the leaders of Israel wanted.

Good morning Steve, good evening Forever. I have nothing to add here but praying Matt’s day will go better.

36. saled says:

Freefall . Steve said, “our faith under attack on all fronts. Our way of life under attack on all fronts.” I feel this also and I mourn for the sense of security and hope for the future that our country once offered. But it seems to me that some of the changes may be needed, part of the old world passing away and all things becoming new.

One example in my own life: our concept of the ownership of land. I live in far eastern Maine, very close to the Atlantic Ocean and also the border with Canada. This land was originally occupied by Wabanaki Indian tribes. From about 1965 to 1980, while I was becoming an adult, the ownership of this area was under question due to a challenge from the tribes that they actually owned around a million acres.

I now have a deed to more than a hundred acres of woodland that belonged to my father. With the help of an older man in town, he bought it after coming back from doing his part in WW II. He made a living for his family, wife and 4 children, by cutting firewood and pulpwood from this land and other places that he leased or bought. The wood business in Maine was a lot like the coal business in Steve’s West Virginia. You can imagine my families reaction to the claims of the tribes. How could they say that they owned our land, bought and paid for?

One of the properties that border ours is 25 acres that used to be an old farmstead. Seven years ago that property was bought by an individual who used it to provide bear hunting opportunities for a big fee. There is an old cabin on the property and before the first bear hunt took place, a squatter moved in, a single man with two children. He was a cousin to the owner, but did not have permission to live there. I’m not sure of the deal that was worked out, but he and the children were allowed to live there until recently.

One method of bear hunting still allowed in Maine is called bear baiting. A barrel full of old candy, cakes, or something else is used to attract the bear to an area where a tree stand has been hidden. The bear makes a habit of coming to the barrel and hunters who pay lots of money sit in the tree stand and shoot the bear. I hate bear baiting. When my husband and I met this neighbor, he assured us that he did too and had nothing to do with it. Over the last seven years he improved the cabin, made gardens, mowed and created an almost comfortable place for himself and the kids.

Just about a year ago, we noticed new ATV tracks running through a field in our woods and started looking around. About 500 feet on our side of the property line we found a bear baiting station. We were furious, and my husband cut many trees across the ATV trail leading to it. When we confronted the neighbor, he still claimed to have nothing to do with it and said it was his cousin’s business.

So last June the cousin put the property up for sale and served eviction papers. This man and his children, upper teens now, have no home, no place to go. It seems that the only bear baiting station they had was on my land. Without that, the hunting business doesn’t work. It seems also that our squatting neighbor was actually being allowed to live there to tend the baiting station.

I got the land from my father. But I know a little of the story of this neighbor: He lost his father to a commercial fishing accident when he was a young boy. His mother remarried, had more children, and he was basically forgotten. He has some connection to the tribes but was one of those deemed not to have a large enough percentage of native blood to come under their protection.

So here am I, with all this woodland because my father lived and worked and passed it on to me. And there is he, homeless now. When we found the baiting station, if we had known our anger would result in this loss of a home, we would have handled it differently. My husband is chairman of the board of assessors in our small town, and in the six years that he has held this position, we have both gotten a real education. Like I said in the beginning, I mourn for the sense of security and hope for the future that living in the US used to provide. And I want to be able to pass this land on to my children in the near future. But now there is something just sickening about the whole idea of land ownership. A wrong that will be righted when all things become new.

Saled after reading your story about your land I looked at Spurgeon today 13th (Morning). I’m a bit late but my daughter came over on her lunch break then ran some errands so am settled in now. I usually sleep until 10-10:30 which is so late for many folks but I need 10-11 hours of sleep a night to be able to move the next day.

So here is what I read: 2Corinthians 7: 10For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. Isn’t that the truth!

I’m sorry you’re having these problems. Not sure why anybody would want to live in the woods with bears 🙀

I’ve watched Northwoods Law a few times. It’s so beautiful up there in the NE! Have you seen or been on the show Saled?

39. Hugger4U says:

I would like to comment on your post Saled.

Here is what the Lord taught me recently. When we choose to believe and accept Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins and he redeems us, we belong to Him. We give up our rights to ourselves and everything we own, because everything we own came from Him to begin with. Freely He gave and freely we give. We have become stewards of what He has given us. We ask for wisdom to steward what is now entrusted to us. That doesn’t mean that you give up everything to anyone that wants what you have but that we steward it for Him. It is up to you and the Lord to work that out. He’s our King and will direct you in all wisdom. Praise the Lord and Amen.

In His Love,
    Hugger

Caution needs to be taken so that what we hope and want in our deepest soul is not imposed on our interpretation of Scripture. Jesus spoke in parables, yes. God’s Word is not of private interpretation. No matter what we wish or hope to be so doesn’t make it so if it is not what He has said. His thoughts and ways are higher than our thoughts and ways. He is always good and we cannot understand His good sometimes. He is in control when we do not see it or feel it. Nothing makes sense. I don’t need to understand or make sense of it to trust Him. I am weary of life.

Right now I don’t feel it. I don’t see how any of this can work out for good, but faith knows and it doesn’t not rely on emotion. One day our faith will become sight. I long for that day; may it be tonight. God has the last word, not his creation.

Please, would you pray with me today? Since I have lost my best friend who prayed for and with me, I need someone to partner with me in prayer. I need the Lord to go before me. I have no advocate and I need Him with me to protect and give wisdom Thursday afternoon. Thank you.

41. Hugger4U says:

Bubbles,

I’m sad with you about losing your friend that prayed with you.

I pray the Lord will speak to you about His advocate, the Holy Spirit, that He gave to you the day you said ‘yes’ to Jesus’ sacrifice and redemption for your sins. The Holy Spirit prays for you when you don’t know how are just too overcome to know what to pray. Jesus is also interceding for you in Heaven with the Father.

May the Holy Spirit comfort you in these hard, lonely times and give you peace and wisdom for the time ahead as you go forward, looking to a new season with the Lord. He loves you so much! I’m asking the Father to provide for your need in His timing. That you will learn the Joy of the Lord is your strength even through the storms of life. Praise to Jesus, All glory and thanks to God. Amen

In His Love,
    Hugger

When I said advocate, I was speaking of another human to be with me in person.

Bubbles, I pray for you.
    That God will have Mercy on you, and send you someone to help.

And Saled, what a story!
    I pray you keep the simple trust in Jesus, in difficult matters.
    That is not easy, but there is no other way than looking up to Jesus.

Lately I had been thinking of the way I thought about my country. I felt safe. But was that real? When I read the Utmost on the summer, on July 30.
    I had to think about it, didn’t I not have wrong illusions abouty country. Just as you had about yours? The only safe place is in faith in Jesus Christ.

Abraham said he was a sojourner, looking for another country, a heavenly one.
    Hebrews 11:13-16

Hebrews 11:13-18

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

John 17:11,13-19
    11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
    13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by[a] the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
    [a] v17 or live in them according to the truth

45. Hugger4U says:

Praying for you Bubbles.

Ask the Lord what you are to learn from hardships. He is always approachable because of Jesus’ obedience going to the cross. He is very near, not far way. He wants you to draw close to reveal Himself to you.

Love and blessings!!
    Hugger

bubbles says:
    October 14, 2021 at 5:41 am
    When I said advocate, I was speaking of another human to be with me in person.

Beautiful Bubbles I remember when I used to think that if someone-an advocate for me- was not praying for me that God would not hear me. But I learned that I could go directly to God myself. When you pray-In Jesus Name- you have the only advocate you need.

A prayer partner is supportive and comforting like having a parent but not necessary. We have everything we need in Jesus if we know Him. His blood is enough! Praise Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! Amen

Father I pray you will give Bubbles wisdom today and may she rest and trust in you with the peace that comes from it through Jesus Christ our LORD, amen.

Bubbles I don’t think I really understand why you need an advocate to day but if it is work related or personal I ask God to provide. In Jesus name, Amen.

And just reading Spurgeon I am encouraged and I pray all of you are also!

October 14 Morning
    “I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord.”

Philippians 3:8

Spiritual knowledge of Christ will be a personal knowledge. I cannot know Jesus through another person’s acquaintance with him. No, I must know him myself; I must know him on my own account. It will be an intelligent knowledge—I must know him, not as the visionary dreams of him, but as the Word reveals him. I must know his natures, divine and human. I must know his offices—his attributes—his works—his shame—his glory. I must meditate upon him until I “comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge.” It will be an affectionate knowledge of him; indeed, if I know him at all, I must love him. An ounce of heart knowledge is worth a ton of head learning. Our knowledge of him will be a satisfying knowledge. When I know my Saviour, my mind will be full to the brim—I shall feel that I have that which my spirit panted after. “This is that bread whereof if a man eat he shall never hunger.” At the same time it will be an exciting knowledge; the more I know of my Beloved, the more I shall want to know. The higher I climb the loftier will be the summits which invite my eager footsteps. I shall want the more as I get the more. Like the miser’s treasure, my gold will make me covet more. To conclude; this knowledge of Christ Jesus will be a most happy one; in fact, so elevating, that sometimes it will completely bear me up above all trials, and doubts, and sorrows; and it will, while I enjoy it, make me something more than “Man that is born of woman, who is of few days, and full of trouble”; for it will fling about me the immortality of the ever living Saviour, and gird me with the golden girdle of his eternal joy. Come, my soul, sit at Jesus’s feet and learn of him all this day.

Forever Hebrews 11 is one of my favorite passages. It has brought comfort to me many many times! Sojourners, looking for our Better Country for eternity! Forevermore and forever blessed! Oh these light and momentary afflictions shall not get me down!! Thank you Jesus!

Dear street,
    I was thinking today about the vastness of Jesus redemption in covering ALL my sins, mind boggling! I was made aware, by His grace, of a former sin the enemy was having a field day with in torturing me for many years now. I faced it (which was so hard to do) and repented receiving grace more than I deserve. In a last ditch effort the enemy reminded me how I had broken the Levitical law. That kind of shook me up again until I recalled how Paul trusted Jesus completely for forgiveness and salvation. That said I repeated as I have often “Jesus have mercy on me a sinner”. With thanksgiving and praise I’m free! Yesterday today and forever, Amen

A former Cannanite

I did pray myself. It is comforting to be able to talk with a friend, a person with skin. It’s comforting to pray TOGETHER for something or about something. I am lonely without my dear friend and praying together over things.

Things did not go well today, as I had hoped. Just another disappointment and another hurt in life. Like I said, I am weary of this life.

Thank you all for praying. I appreciate it.

53. saled says:

Thank you Hugger for the reminder: “He is King and will direct us in all wisdom.” Life seems so complicated now, and wisdom hard to find. Pray for me, that I will find His wisdom.

Beloved, I have never watched Northwoods Law, but one of my daughter’s high school friends is married to a Warden who has been on the show. Our bear hunting incident should have been called in to the wardens, but we wanted to give them a chance to make it right without involving the law. Bears, by the way, are not all that frequent visitors here, unless they are baited. In my entire life, I have seen bear here on just 5 or 6 different occasions.

Yes, Foreverblessed, the only safe place is in Jesus Christ. Your comment reminds me of the time, 30 or so years ago, when my husband and I, along with our children, were on vacation, and I was homesick. Even as an adult, I prefer to be home. I was awake late at night, listening to a Bible program on the radio, and the speaker talked about Jesus words, “Abide in me.” The speaker went on to say that meant ‘feel at home in me.” And all this time later, I am trying to find that, that sense of feeling at home in Jesus.

And Bubbles, how I hope this afternoon worked out for you. I am weary of this world also, and how complicated it is to navigate. I love your words of hope: “One day our faith will become sight. I long for that day; may it be tonight. God has the last word, not his creation.”

On the subject of abiding, of feeling at home: my 100 year old aunt was buried today, beside her husband who died about 15 years ago, and beside her daughter who died just six weeks ago. My cousin Peggy is left by herself, and at the death of both her sister and mother, her words to them were, “See you at the house.” What comfort in that hope! John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Abide in Me
    Reminded of Jesus telling his disciples to “let the little children come to Me.” I think of a child completely trusting and resting in a parent that all around them is ultimately being taken care of one way or another. We have a spiritual Father if we have trusted and rested in Christ. It’s a daily thing not a one-time event.

Bubbles I’m guessing today went as God planned. His ways are not our ways, as I know you know. But He is always good. It’s good to have Jesus with skin on sometimes. I remember feeling the same way but found out God was stretching me to learn to walk by faith not sight. There are actually very few believers but many church attenders. May you be strengthened in the power of His might. Thank you Jesus for a seeker of Truth. Be glorified, Amen

About loneliness:
    Jesus knows that too:

You will leave me all alone John 16:32

Look to my right and see, no-one is concerned for me.
    I have no refuge,
    no-one cares for my life Psalm 142:4

October 14 Morning Spurgeon

Philippians 3:8
    I read it several times:
    Knowing Jesus, His glorified state, His human side.

Knowing more of Him will lift me up from this low feeling:

No, we are children of the Most High,
    But… In a world that is not our own.
    As a child, I was always looking for Jesus to come back,
    But Jesus did not come back.

Then I pursued the fullness of life that Jesus promised,
    “That they might have life, and life to the full”
    Jesus’ Words.

How can I have that full life in a fallen world?

It is Christ IN you, the hope of glory
    Col 1:27

He is in us now, whether I feel it or not….
    Faith…to believe in Jesus.

When it is hard, and life pressing on all sides, then Jesus comes along, and shows how much He has suffered,
    Many Psalms talk about His suffering as a human here on earth.

Don’t be only hearers of the word but be doers of the word.

If one wants to be loved, then BE love to others.

If one wants to have a close friend, then BE a close friend to others.

If you give do not give EXPECTING anything in return but give because it is the right thing to do. (Luke 6:38)

Only Jesus knows our deepest needs and only He can satisfy them, don’t EXPECT other people to satisfy those needs or we will find ourselves disappointed, dejected, discontent and discouraged. (Gal 1:10)

Love others as you want to be loved and you will find a reward in heaven even if that love is never returned because living a Christ-shaped life we do things for the sake of who we are in Christ and for His Glory not our own.

58. Hugger4U says:

More on Mart’s last paragraph about riddles.

The Word is veiled to those who are perishing. Only faith in Jesus lifts the veil. Then once the veil is lifted the Lord will reveal more of Himself to you depending on how much you seek, pursue, hunger and thirst for more of Him.

When we seek Him, He lets Himself be found by us. If we just use Him for troubled times don’t expect to understand much. You will not grow and strengthen your faith and stay in a perpetual state of confusion, anxiety and self-pity because of the trials of life in the world. All that is because we continue to need the milk of the Word until we grow up, then He gives us meat, more deeper meaning of the Word. (I capitalize the Word because Jesus IS the Word, the Truth and the Life.)

That is my experience and if you want scripture references you can dig in the Word and find them yourselves…another way of growing and strengthening your relationship with Christ Jesus! :) He will become your all in all if you pursue, persevere and pray.

His love endures forever, blessed be the Lord Almighty!
    Hugger

It seems that there are times when the Word(Jesus) is used as well as the word as in scripture is used.

I was thinking about stepping stones and how I learned to say thank you to God for my troubles disappointments hurts and lately my weaknesses. As hugger said many scriptures to find on the matter, like pearls to be found by opening up the hard shells. Seek and you will find! Count it all Joy! Stepping stones to faith! Sovereign and holy is our great God! Amen

I do not mind sharing scripture to understand and make sure that what I say is what scripture teaches for instance:

Luke 24: Then Jesus said to them, “You foolish people! You find it so hard to believe all that the prophets wrote in the Scriptures. 26 Wasn’t it clearly predicted that the Messiah would have to suffer all these things before entering his glory?” 27 Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

or 2 Tim 3: From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…